1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XR100 Oil Type: Rotetta T?

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by gluvnaa, Aug 18, 2012.

1. gluvnaa

gluvnaa Well-Known Member

Which oil do you run in your race bike?

I have used Rottella for years in the big bikes - but couldnt bring my self to buy the HP4 Full Synthetic at the local dealer without asking the BBS.

Thanks,
    Andrew

2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I just run Castrol conventional 5w-30. The bike only holds a quart so I change it often.
    I have 3 or 4 seasons at WFO with no troubles.

3. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I run Opti-4 oil. But then again I am a distributor for it so the price is right.

4. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Andrew,

How's Ballimore? I used to live kinda near there...

Meanwhile, the TTR125 I ride in the desert here WFO in the dust, w/o a filter... I use the Rotella-T. Cheap, throw it away after a few months.

Bike's lasted, what, 9-10 years now?

5. fireman343

fireman343 Well-Known Member

Motol full synth (Double Easter)
    I change it after every race weekend, and have had no issues with my 20hp Takegawa motor. I also check my valves after every race weekend too..

6. gluvnaa

gluvnaa Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info.

Balti is def a big change from PHX.

Recently the wife and I have been watching Hardcore Pawn (Detroit) which has made us start to appreciate Balti a little more! :crackup:

7. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

I think just about anything will work in a XR100 and it'll keep running. Cheap oil, expensive oil, vegetable oil...

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Rotella T6 in everything (bikes, mower, snowblower, etc) but the car (only because the new Jeep has finicky oil cert standards).

1 gallon of the good stuff is $20 at Wallyworld. Can't beat it

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Thats a $5,000 engine... no?? Surely stock class legal! :crackup:

10. fireman343

fireman343 Well-Known Member

Dude, believe me I know I've got more in my mini then my big race bike! :eek::Puke: I know the motor/carb combo was $2400.. The rest (Daytona ORK ignition, exhaust, custom titanium bits and pieces, etc) I'm sure raised it up past the 3k price tag.. But... I had some extra money come in from the military that I didn't expect at the time, so it all went to the mini..

And it's legal for our F2 (65cc h2o cooled 2smokes and 140cc air cooled 4 strokes) class, and I bump it up to our F1 class racing with the 150R's and 85cc 2 strokes.