1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XR100 brake shoes

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by sharky nrk, Sep 24, 2014.

1. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Anything better than the EBC 333s? I know these little bikes brakes suck but might as well get the most out of them you can?

2. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

I tried a couple different shoes and couldn't tell the difference. Settled on the EBC's.

3. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Nikes work almost as well:Poke:

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

OEMs. Seriously. Just lube your front cable or get that terminator one.

5. sharky nrk

I see the motion pro terminator clutch cable but can't really find the brake one through the normal online vendors

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

http://www.xr100.com/

7. sharky nrk

Man is it $40 better than the stock motion pro jobber?

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

the Motion pro sucks on these for some reason its longer then the oem. go with the oem cable and shoes. they work the best i had good luck with the ebc carbon shoes but the oem are better.

9. sharky nrk

ok, OEM brake cable and shoes ordered. Total cost was about the same as the "terminator" cable would have been so unless its A-FREAKIN-MAZING upgrade, it will have to wait lol.

10. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Just learn to stomp the rear brake. The fronts are worthless.

I think my hub is worn beyond spec. Had to shave the little point off the lever and move it back a few teeth on the spline to get more adjustment in my cable to make it tighter.

11. EBC 333 or 333G's?. The grooved shoes work fine.. It is what it is

12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

After switching to the OEMS or ferodos they are much much better then the ebcs.