1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

www.operationbrokenjoe.com

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 50Joe, Sep 10, 2013.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Really hard week this past week at Project Walk. They really worked me hard. Still no new movements but it's only been 1 month and most people see results at the 2 - 4 month time frame. I had massive pain last night probably from overdoing it at PW but feel much better today after a long rest.

On another note, there is a company that comes into Project Walk and does vibration / shock wave therapy on people. They claim this helps break up scar tissue and excite the nerve endings to help promote growth. The doctor in Panama at the stem cell institute is buying a machine and is on board with this type of therapy as well. Anyway, they did the first round of treatment on me Thursday and my body was reacting big time to it. The owner of the company was all excited about how I was reacting and stated I would be the perfect person to be their case study. The fact I'm 1 month back from Panama, only 15 months post injury, and I'm gaining feeling all are positives. He was doing the vibration therapy on my back and was asking me when I could no longer feel the pulses. He started up high and worked his way down. Well, I could feel it all the way down to my butt and even when he moved over to the right and left hip. He was very surprised that I could. I could also feel when he was on my feet and could pinpoint exactly where he was. He then did a test and put it directly on my knee cap and that caused a strong reaction and my leg jerked up hard and fast. All positive indicators. So, I'll continue this therapy as well the weeks I go to Project Walk.

2. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

That's awsome news Joe!:up: Things be happening.....

You've really earned the progress Joe.:rock:

3. 70yamahaR5

70yamahaR5 Well-Known Member

4. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Something is happening inside my body. The intensity of my spasms ramped up Wednesday. The clinic says it is a good thing but hard to live with. I had trouble controlling my body enough where I could transfer in and out of my chair safely. Today is better though. On a "too much information" level I started to feel my butt when I wiped it after having a bowel movement. :) Can I consider that a success????

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

YES !!! Hell yeah you can! Woot!! that is awesome news Joe. I'm gonna give you a call later this week.

6. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

Awesome, Joe! Keep up the good work.

7. charles

charles The Transporter

In order to scientifically test this, you'll need to have someone else grab your ass! :D

8. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

As long as that someone is a cute female with soft hands I'm good with that.

9. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

Hey Stick, Joe needs your help with something...

10. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

FEMALE dangit! :)

11. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I'll send over the ol lady.:D

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

quoted for proof.

now get her goin over there.

and Joe, you know the mission: pictures! :up:

13. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Hell yea! What time should I expect her?

My new Samsung phone takes sweet pics.

14. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Richie,
    Thanks for sending over the wifey. We had a great time and I feel much better now.

15. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

:rock::D

16. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

After being stuck at 30 lbs on the horizontal leg press machine I was finally able to do 4 sets of 40 lbs today. It's about bloody time I increased the weight!

17. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Go Joe Go!....HELL yea that progress man!

Pics of Shaneequa therapy? :rolleyes:

You comin down to Road Atl on friday?....I'll cover your gate fee if it helps any. ;)

18. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

She said if I took pics then no happy ending. ;)

I'm undecided about Road Atlanta. I've talked to a few peeps and my heart wants to be there but I drive I-85 so much going to Project Walk the thought of driving that way when I don't absolutely need to is not too appealing. I'll look at the weather again and try to make a decision. I appreciate the offer.

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

i can pick ya up. wife and i are hauling down sunday. got plenty of space in the pepper, and i can raise and lower it for "better" entry

shoot me a pm if interested.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  20. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I appreciate the offer Phil. Vintage is on Friday and that's the only day I could attend. I've got family coming in for a visit on Saturday and Sunday.