1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

www.operationbrokenjoe.com

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 50Joe, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Joe, Glad for the updates I am keeping George informed. He has had the same headache issues after the pump installation, He is very hopeful that you get results. I will drop you an E-mail question. You are one tough guy keep up the effort!

Bob

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Glad to see it's not as bad for you Joe and I am hoping it gets better. Takes a lot of courage going down there man. I know you want to get better and are taking a proactive approach and I commend you.

3. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Hope you had a good week, Joe!

4. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

1/2 way done with my therapy trip now. I gotta say it has been way harder than I expected. This is due to known side effects. I get the mother of all headaches after the injections. Some people get them, some don't. This coming week I get injections 3 times versus twice the previous 2 weeks. The headache lasts for more than 24 hours so the upcoming week is going to be really tough.

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Oh wow man, that has to suck because you know it's coming. But I know how bad you want to get better too. Hope it's bearable this week man.

You'll be in my thoughts as always.

6. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Prayin for you man.

7. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Feeling physically and mentally exhausted. Gotta suck it up and muddle through it.

8. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

keep it up Joe

9. charles

charles The Transporter

Stick with it…how is the place where you're staying? food? women?:D

10. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

The place we are staying is nice. It has a kitchen so we are eating in quite often which works out well since I feel like crap half of the time. Unfortunately, not much scenery down here.

11. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Think endurance race, Joe. Stay on the gas and keeping turning consistent laps! Lot of peeps pulling for you and admire your effort.

12. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

:stupid::up::up:

13. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Well, made it back from Panama pretty much drama free. Delta had lost one piece of luggage on a direct flight but found it while we were still at the airport.

The clinic, physical therapy facility and hotel were all great. Most people do not see results while still in Panama since the cells need time to migrate, grow, and connect nerve endings. Results are typically seen 2 and 3 month out with additional gains potentially had up to 8 months out. However, I swear I've gained extra feeling sensations below my waist already. My time there was kind of a bitch. One side effect can be headaches after the cell injections and I got them in a massive way. We are talking 10x greater than anything I have ever had and lasting 24 to 36 hours. This stopped me from spending any free time checking the area out or lifting extra weights. I would start to feel good again just in time for more injections. I am home now but tired. I'll start back at Project Walk next week.

Panama is not handicapped friendly at all. No ramps off curbs, many potholes, people parking on sidewalks, etc. But, we managed.

Thank you for all the well wishes and to those that have donated thus far. I'll be keeping the GoFundMe page up since I still have a long ways to pay for the trip.

14. BarryG

BarryG Well-Known Member

Welcome home, Joe. Thanks for keeping us posted with your therapy and what you've gone through.
    Cheers
    Barry

15. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Glad you are home and going to get back to project walk. Those headaches sound awful man, good thing they are over and now it's the healing and making progress on getting better.

16. 70yamahaR5

70yamahaR5 Well-Known Member

17. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Back at Project Walk this week after the long break. I've lost some stamina that I need to get back.

18. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Glad things went as expected Joe.

Keep swingin' man :up: Endurance race is a great analogy.

Pullin for ya here holmes.:rock:

19. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Something is happening. No new movement yet but I am gaining more feeling. In some ways it sucks because some of it is painful or odd. Also, it's making it hard to get to sleep. But, I'll take it as a sign of things to come.

20. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

good to hear some progress Joe. :)