1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worlds strongest mans first track day

Discussion in 'General' started by Kneedragger34, Jan 1, 2023.

1. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

Thank you , it gets unusual when the pie in the sky gets close but in the end it's just another day and we carry on and have fun

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Yep!! 100% know the pain of just trying to buy off the rack clothes. I keep most of my old size off now, but I still very quickly go into awkward size mode if I’m getting ready for a meet. I can put size back on FAST muscle and gut:D One of the happiest days of adulthood was going to try and find new jeans after a couple years starving myself to shed as much size off to go try racing, and I found f*cking normal wranglers off the rack:crackup: I went from 305 to 197:eek: for my first year racing. No regrets, but I’m more comfortable with some of the size back on now. 1855 total @ 250-ish before going all in with strongman comps. I wanted to get a higher total, but training changed for strongman and the PL total didn’t matter anymore. Heaviest farmers walk:365 lbs per hand. Yoke walk:950+/-lbs. Heaviest Apollons Axle clean&press for reps was i “think” 300lbs, but only got a few reps………I had never done them before that, so even one I would have been happy. My stats were on N.A.S.S.(North American Strongman Society) site…….no clue now. I think it’s just called North American Strongman now……..Dionne Wessels organization, or was. And there was contest coverage or links on American Strength Legends site with our coverages. A lot of years have passed, and just as many aches and pains :p My wife’s got a sports paper with me doing the Apollons Axle in a competition on front page. I’ll try to dig it up. I didn’t like the coverage personally. They turned the contest coverage into a story about me dealing with my Dad getting killed right before the competition.

Buell1965 likes this.
  3. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

Thats fantastic and great job sir . I may post some old photos if i can find them and i might even have the Power Lifting USA issue with yours truly in it

britx303 likes this.
  4. britx303

Long story short, during my PL hiatus years while racing, I lost touch for a period of what was happening in the PL world……..I was saddened when I learned P.L.USA was out of print when I came back to it all:(

Buell1965 likes this.
  5. britx303

I do have another small bragging right I just thought of…….big bencher Shawn Lattimer showed for a strongman event and in my same division. Dude kicked my ass in everything but the tire flip. I don’t remember how many he got, just remember I doubled his flips. Granted he pulled/tore a hamstring but still………a wins a win:p He’s a super cool dude and very humble and laid back

Buell1965 likes this.
  6. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

All of you complaining about finding clothes and leathers that fit, did you know that happens on the other end of the spectrum also?

When I started racing I was under 150, and 6'2" If the leathers were long enough, they were so baggy. My last set I got, I also got a full chest/back/arm protector shirt to take up the difference.

ToofPic and britx303 like this.
  7. dasrider

dasrider 99 problems

If I'm not mistaken Yukio Kagayama has built a race Hayabusa recently too. He may actually be racing in Japan, but I don't recall the series.

8. britx303

I was a “husky” department kid………you’ll get no sympathy from me!!! :D

9. stickboy274

Funny thing, in middle school, I had a 38/40" waist, but to make up for it, I was much shorter then. Going from middle to high school, I lost a ton of weight and got taller.

10. britx303

This idea is very foreign to me :D

SuddenBraking and stickboy274 like this.
  11. stickboy274

I didn't do it on purpose, but I'm glad it worked out.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So you went from tree trunk to branches?

13. stickboy274

Yes. I guess so.

14. britx303

A few of the strongman competitions were done as fund raisers for battered women & abused children, and I got to know the officers really good at a couple barracks where the events were held.Treestump was my nickname they had for me :crackup:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2023