1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World SBK | ROUND 04 | Prosecco DOC Catalunya Round | 05 - 07 MAY

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, May 3, 2023.

1. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Lowes needs to go and Kawi needs to look to the future if they’re gonna transition from Rea onwards. VDM needs to retire before he kills himself and Redding is cancerous to morale at this point. Bump GG31 up and sign Toprak.

Quicktoy and Circacee like this.
  2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

So apparently Sykes has parted ways with Puccetti and will now be filling in for VDM at BMW. That all happened fast. Although I get it. Don't think I've ever seen so many mechanical DNFs to start a season. Something definitely off over there.

KneeDragger_c69 and Circacee like this.
  3. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Lorenzo's opinion about Toprak and MotoGP.

4. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I saw a cool response on the WSBK instragram when they announced Lopez as the fill in rider. One dude wrote "what about that yank Cameron Beaubier, he should've been the call"... Dudes page looked like he was from Ireland or somewhere in that area. Love to see it.

T_Hags likes this.
  5. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Maybe Toprak/Sofouglu see what BMW is doing to improve the bike and feel it will be a good package soon? If they are considering that they must see something. It has an engine and they have some chassis stuff on the way apparently. The tests they did on the swingarms were done to inform a final design which has not been delivered yet. Yamaha is an excellent bike, but will it see any improvements for next year? Kawasaki?

If Toprak wants an exorbitant amount of money to stay at Yamaha, I'd move Morbidelli to WSBK and spend the money (try anyway...) on Pedro in MotoGP. Or, just move Aegerter up if Morbidelli doesn't want to play.

6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I would think Honda would be the better place than BMW at this point. They actually seem to be putting money into the program and figuring it out. Not saying Iker an Xavi are crap riders, but I wonder what one of the pointy end riders would do with the Honda as is today, let alone as it keeps developing.
    Just seems BMW is content with fucking around mid pack and not really making a great bike.

7. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

8. prm

prm Well-Known Member

If BMW find a little bit in cornering they will be in the game. I could see either VDM calling it or Redding being let go (or both). Since Steve E mentioned there was a rumor of Toprak to BMW he is probably going there. They don't usually use the "rumor" statement without some supporting facts. Then again, if Ducati really wants to secure a replacement for Bautista, Toprak would be about a good a choice as possible.

9. grapemustard

grapemustard Well-Known Member

10. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

Van der Mark certainly has taken his lumps over the past two years. No one would fault him for walking away while he still can. Shame because he seems like a good guy.
    Redding is fast but a handful in the press and social media. One can only guess what he's like in garage or team meetings.
    All their riders seem to be struggling with "something". And I hear repeatedly its the swingarm.
    IF the factory could cure this I'm sure Redding would challenge for podiums.
    But like any racer, he wants to win. So maybe he will jump ship.
    Anyone have any insight on which one it will be now that Toprak is signed?

11. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

Gagne to Pata Yamaha to replace Toprak?

12. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Morbidelli? :rolleyes:

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

:crackup:

ungwaha likes this.
  14. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

id guess domi aggerter and move manzi up or maybe manzi goes straight to the pata team

15. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Yamaha have plenty to choose from since they are racing for second next year barring some major change. Aegerter and Locatelli wouldn't be a bad team.

16. Basura

Basura Well-Known Member

both can be let go, gotta think they would stick with VDM.

17. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Some of these teams need to start going young with a veteran teammate. Saw yesterday Ducati is debating bumping Zarco to Aruba Duc SBK and putting Bez next to Martin. That would set Duc up nicely for a transition year when Bautista retires they can fill his spot with a young gun because Rinaldi and Axel are not the future. Garrett is doing well with what he’s been given, would be nice to see him and Toprak on the factory team.

18. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I was thinking that about GG and Toprak BUT... GG also smashed into Toprak and is just now starting to find a groove again.

19. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

[​IMG]

KneeDragger_c69, Basura and Circacee like this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

Morbidelli will stay in MotoGP, either at Yamaha or Mooney VR46