1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wimminz soccer

Discussion in 'General' started by auminer, Jul 16, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

Jon, I probably agree with many of your criticisms of some of the players' activist stances. My point, once again, is that I believe patriotism should put love of country AHEAD of any disagreements we might have with SOME of the players.

When you say "they got what they deserve", what you're really saying is Team USA got what we deserved. And I think that's a shame.

Jed likes this.
  2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

When she's not standing on that field representing the country she can have whatever fucking opinion about shit she wants. When you are on the field keep your fucking trap shut and do the job you were chosen to do.

She is now poison to team if not intentionally harming them on the field. You would have already been fired from your job if you walked around bad mouthing the company for which you work on a daily basis.

3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I've never seen a Politician run out on the field and kick their soccer ball around...and run to the sports casters spouting a bunch of nonsense soccer BS...:)
    (I had never watched WimminsSoccer until it was on instead of the news, and it was in the Penalty Kick Phase of the Game..it was quick and funny to watch)
    I did have to wonder, as GREAT as I've heard PurpleHair is suppose to be, Did she miss it intentionally? I appeared to be an easy chipshot..perhaps kicking rocks is harder than it looks.

StaccatoFan, Steeltoe and Jon Wilkens like this.
  4. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Actually they did, if you look at from purely football terms. This is a team in transition, going from a group who for close to ten years were the best in the world to a mix of aging stars and younger players. Their preparation wasn't ideal due to a number of factors which included having four or so expected starters, including the captain missing through injury. Also the rest of the world has caught up.

Jedb and henry_carlson like this.
  5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Since you’re a soccer guy… was the last men’s World Cup final one of the greatest games ever? Or just regular soccer? Because anytime I’ve suffered through a limited viewing before that was boring as could be for a non fan that is…

6. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Seems you are giving the ungrateful activists a complete pass...maybe apply the same logic to THEM. Maybe they should have focused more on playing instead of THEIR agenda.

They got what they deserved...or earned...whatever feel good work of the day you want to apply here...they didn't get the job done and got what the got.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I don't know, I didn't watch it, or any of the last World Cup.

27 likes this.
  8. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Kinda missing mean tweets, glad there back....

ToofPic and Jon Wilkens like this.
  9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:D

ChemGuy, Bugslayer, MachineR1 and 2 others like this.
  10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

11. Jon Wilkens

of course all the orange man bad people will have major heartburn with that...but he's not wrong. Why anyone with half a brain can't realize what's going on is all connected in some form or another. It's a culture thing...and right now...our culture is tanking fast.

12. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Just checking to see if the mods have locked this thread down yet. :Pop:
    edit: Nope, not yet.

auminer likes this.
  13. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Wait, she said all that stuff on the field?

14. Jon Wilkens

Her actions on the field are well documented. If you think she's done nothing wrong...well, you probably can't be reasoned with and are part of the problem. .02

tiggen likes this.
  15. Jon Wilkens

Is there a pool on the time/date of shutdown somewhere? lol

16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Fuq1ed up part is that the OP usually gets it, too.

In this particular case, I should hope not, but you never can tell.

Hashtag donuts

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The old bull says, "No, let's walk down and fuck them all!

I’m walking, no need to rush. :D

TurboBlew, Jed, t11ravis and 4 others like this.
  18. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

yea.. it kinda works that way in the USA. and it's not "the player's politics".. it the shoving their politics in FANS FACES. and speaking out on it time and time again.. and pressuring the other players that likely would not protest, to protest along with their ideology.

19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You need to work harder to misconstrue what I said. You get a C for the effort.

20. prm

prm Well-Known Member

If you’re not offended by Rapinoe and her sheep, you aren’t aware or are part of her cult. I hope she is done and they can return their focus to the field as a team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.