1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wimminz soccer

Discussion in 'General' started by auminer, Jul 16, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

poor john wtf lol

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I don't have time to watch. I've got exciting and better things to do like count the number of grey pubs in the shrubbery of my gentleman area.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  3. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was gonna be about Alisha Lehmann

4. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I read they’re giving away tickets to games because they’re afraid of low attendance.

I mean that’s a LONG flight. Who the hell wants to sit 30 hours in a plane to watch Jr High school soccer.

I know they’re trying to spread the host country bounty around. But the Olympics have shown that doesn’t reign true. Montreal just paid off their Olympic debt from 1976 a few years ago. How does that make any sense?

Set host countries/venues for these big international events for like 25-50 years and leave it there. Then the country hosting can make the return on investment.
    When Phelps was hosting the Olympics I thought Brazil did a great job of hosting. So let them have the Games for a period. 3 or 4 games cycles.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2023
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Chicks, dudes, questioning or whatever, I don’t like soccer. Tried watching it a number of times while in countries that care about it but didn’t like it.
    I’m the same was with basketball.

Brazil never finished most of the major projects they started to host the Olympics. They did wipe out a good portion of the street dogs and the street kids. São Paulo did get the new terminal out at the international airport so that’s something I guess.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Same. I will give the Women the slight nod though, and they are by FAR the rougher players when it comes to soccer. No diving or flopping about, just dirty slide tackles, hair pulling and rough play all around. I just find the game itself extremely boring. Like basketball.

stk0308 likes this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

The germany wimmnz team who all wore the rainbow arm tape like real heroines got beat by some samibian wimminz team who had a

PLAYER WITH PREVIOUSLY WAY TOO HIGH TESTOSTERONE LEVELS

:crackup:

You can‘t make that shit up

8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

If the USA fielded a team full of male wimmins, I would cheer for them to win it.
    Otherwise I would be perfectly happy for them to get beat soundly.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Wish I cared about soccer. Turns out some of Arsenal are practicing a few miles down the road.

10. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Did you hear Meagan Rapino say she’d be fine with a trans woman playing on the US team, even if it meant taking the place of a biological female? That’s easy for her to say, since she’s retiring.
    Back on topic; if it had soccer in the name/title, I’m tuning out. There’s paint drying somewhere that needs watching.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

12. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I remember that, but they could have finished it after the first games and maybe used the facilities for events between the next 3 or 4 Games they host with all that infrastructure.
    IF that happened, maybe a host country wins back their investment costs, and being a host country actually turns a profit over the long term.

But like you, I absolutely give zero shits for f8cks for wimmins soccer.

14. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Doesn't she identify as a man? :)

15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Like most large capital investments, it can take a long time for the rewards to pay back. Greece tourism is way up and the Athens airport, roads and other infrastructure they built for the Olympics is a big part of what makes that possible.

Also, winter Olympics are much worse than summer in terms of ROI. You will likely start to see more and more winter Olympics held in locations where they have been held before.

16. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

There are definitely former venues that may be able to be used. Ever see some of those former Olympic sites? Some are downright scary, some are being repurposed, and some are somewhere in between.

17. 2blueYam

They are repurposing Cortina, Italy in 2026 for the alpine events. Milan will host the indoor events as a new site. Cortina last hosted in 1956 so those are some old venues.

Salt Lake City is on the list for 2030 with at least 4 other cities, so that would be reusing those venues.
    LA is hosting again in 2028.
    Brisbane will be a new site in 2032. Nothing like watching tomorrow's events the night before!

sharkattack likes this.
  18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Anywhere but "SLC" (next to nothing was actually in SLC) again.
    They should just pick a single location in one of those third world eurotrash countries and have it there every time.
    Completely paid for by the IOC.
    We don't want it here again.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Be happy, that opened up the drinking laws a ton up there.

20. 2blueYam

Welcome to a significant issue for the Winter Olympics. You want it near a major city, but major cities are not cold enough. Vancouver and Bejing both struggled with slushy conditions for alpine events. I expect Cortina will be completely overrun when hosting the alpine events. The permanent population is only about 5k people. It can swell to 50k during peak Holiday periods, but that is still tiny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.