1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why doesn't God stop gun violence

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by turtlecreek, Dec 3, 2018.

1. ton

ton Arf!

this is a religion thread. kinda comes with the territory.

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

brex likes this.
  3. CausticYarn

CausticYarn I’m just here for the food.

I thought it was:

"Jesus loves you, everyone else thinks you're an asshole."

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Dunno. Maybe God doesn't come to Minnesota, so that's why you haven't seen it?

5. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

This question implies God should stop "gun violence" in all circumstances, including the killing of terrorists. Either life and morality has a value or it doesn't. Pick one. :p

6. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Why does God need to take care of us? Why cant people fo the right thing and not blame someone/something else for the mess they created? Many push God out of their lives until the shit hits the fan...then they want God to fix it.

code3ryder, turner38 and jrsamples like this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

A blonde was praying.

"Dear God, I've been your faithful servant my whole life. I don't cuss or drink or take Your name in vain. I volunteer at the church and help the downtrodden and have never asked for anything from you. I appreciate all that you have given and sacrificed for us. I've fallen on hard times, I lost my job in. A corporate downsizing and can't provide for the needs of my family. Please, God, can you help me shoulder my burden? Can I win the lottery?"

For three weeks she repeated this prayer every night before she went to bed. And for three weeks, she didn't win the lottery.

On the fourth week, she started to get a little upset.

"God, I've asked so little of you and given so much of myself, and all I've asked is that you let me win the lottery so I can provide for my family and their needs. But nothing. Please, tell me why you have forsaken me."

Suddenly there was a great rumbling of thunder and the whole house shook. A deep booming voice was heard.

"Hey, meet me halfway. Go buy a fucking ticket."

:D

badmoon692008, MachineR1 and R Acree like this.
  8. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

What is "gun violence" ?
    The term “gun violence” seems to have been coined by either the anti-gun media or some other anti-gun group in an effort to vilify the tool used to perpetrate violence on another. Somewhere someone said, “If we call it ‘gun violence’ that will make it sound like guns are bad. We should do that. What about hammer violence, car violence, poison violence, hand violence, knife violence, etc., etc. ?

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Human violence...

10. CausticYarn

CausticYarn I’m just here for the food.

God is here, he's in the lutefisk, yo.

11. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I was having my morning coffee when a commercials for St. Jude’s and the Shriner’s Hospitals came on. I thought the same thing as you when I saw those commercials. I’m a cancer survivor myself, but I was a dopey kid in my mid 20’s when I went through all that shit. Seeing those little kids with various forms of cancer pretty much makes me a non believer.

code3ryder likes this.
  12. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Didn’t god also tell Son of San to kill all those people? Oh wait, it was dog. My bad.

13. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I'm pretty sure this exact statement about childhood cancer came up in here earlier this fall, and I will repeat my response.

Childhood cancer is a damn good reason to believe in God.

14. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Nothing like God testing you as you watch your child die of brain cancer right? Or is to pray for God to help save the child that God gave cancer to?

15. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Damn, dude. Whatever it was that happened in your life, I'm sorry. May I suggest reading the book of Job.

16. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Well, you can shit in one hand and wish in the other....:D

tiggen likes this.
  17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Bullshit is sacred in them there parts that believe in reincarnation. Are you suggesting there's such a thing as a holimeter?

18. ton

ton Arf!

"God is in the lutefisk"

i love that. it's going to be my non-sequitor for awhile.

beac83 likes this.
  19. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

ton -- sorry but i gots to:
    no dash, 'u' at end. Happy Thurs. !

(and I like your take; may use it myself.)

ton likes this.
  20. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I was born short and white. It gets me all types of angry. The only joy I have is knowing I'm still taller than DaveK.