1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why doesn't God stop gun violence

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by turtlecreek, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I contend that organized religion and God have nothing to do with each other.

One is God
    The other is man

2. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

only God knows. :)

3. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

So I would put this out there.
    You have two choices, slime or God.
    Either an accident happened they can't explain (forget about the big bang) and after a long time we got slime, tadpoles, bird, ape, man OR there is a GOD.
    If you take the slime route, enjoy life, make the most of it for you and maybe those around you. It's all luck and once it's over. Worm food.
    God route, he has a plan, 99% don't use his plan. Screw it up and make the most of what he has given us.
    One thing I know for sure, accidents do happen. And you have to really feel lucky to go with the slime route. (too many accidents for me to accept) or (luck if you prefer)
    Can I explain God no, just looking at thermodynamics, conservation of matter, basic theories of evolution seems to me if you actually think you have to go the latter route.
    The name you give God, the place you put him in your life is up to you.
    I'm getting closer to find out which way it is, sorry won't be able to tell you what I find out.
    Either way, I hope you all have a fulfilled great life.
    How you live it, will give God a smile or not. Worms won't care either way.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Given quadrillions upon quadrillions of chances, and billions of years, pretty much every outcome is not only possible, but very likely.

Why should we be so lucky? Because we're here. That's why.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Where did those rules go? That is really respectful.

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Like it or not, organized religion had a great deal to do with producing the conditions that led to the creation of the civilization we live in.
    Birth is a messy business.

8. CausticYarn

CausticYarn I’m just here for the food.

That’s a really nice quote from a not so nice person.

9. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Correct. Some of those things are wonderful contributions to humanity. Others, not so much. The sea of blood spilled over the thousands of gods since the beginning of time sort of makes it a wash.

Organized religion is a powerful tool to leverage the beauty of Yahweh into control, wealth, and power. What you say is true but I must reject organized religion and keep my relationship personal.

10. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

the funny part about love is you can't have it by yourself. messy, i know. yes, your relationship with God is personal, but if you are going to live it as he wants, you have to do so with others. now that can be as simple as with your family, a few friends, your pub buddies or as complicated as a church, a 1000 person company or a 300 million person country....whatever your level of engagement/leadership, you are to live it in love (aka aligned with God). we are all called to different roles.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Except being a hermit, apparently. That must be the debbul's calling. :moon:

12. CausticYarn

CausticYarn I’m just here for the food.

There is an entire group of young people in the Reddit universe that hate their parents giving birth to them: Their parents didn't give them a choice in the matter.
    Because they didn't have a choice in being brought to this plane of existence, they are bitter and think they should be given everything that is required and desired to live.

Its fucking insane.
    None of us had a choice you assholes - shut up and buck up.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm for giving them the option to self exit.

14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Maybe the solution is we get all those idiots, that are mad at their parents giving birth to them, and put them in contact with one of the nutsacks that wants to shoot a bunch of people and negate the tragedy of gun violence. No one that didn't want to shoot people and no one that hates being here and wants to shuffle off this existence would be harmed in the making of that gun violence.

We get rid of a bunch of whiny fucksticks and the gun man will take himself out in the end. It's a win-win for purging them from society.

badmoon692008 and crazymofo like this.
  15. brex

brex Well-Known Member

God loves us, so He gave us guns to get rid of the stupid.

16. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

So that's the point of the Owls Club!!!!!!!!

17. David-imoddavid

David-imoddavid Well-Known Member

:flag:

18. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

God respects the 2nd amendment :D

19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Depending on whether you had a pre-mortal existence, as some religions/philosophies contend. In their mind, we choose the bed we'll sleep in before that bed gets made. You must, however, merit the bed you choose.
    After the conception? No one sees into the future. The choice is made upon the available info.
    Just throwin' that out there...

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Tap the face of your bullshit meter a couple times....it may not be working.