Who would like to race COTA?

Discussion in 'General' started by obcbr, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah but you're cheap and don't care about riding a GP level track, you'll ride any track :D

VFR#52 and JBall like this.
  2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

case in point: Nelson Ledges

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

IRP too if we could run there still :D

5axis, 03RumbleBee and JBall like this.
  4. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

5. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

If only A, B, C, HVY WT, and LT WT (SS/SB) classes are ran then 8 lap sprints could be ran, with races starting at 12. That's assuming 30 min. for each race and an average lap time of 2:30. That actually gives a 4 minute overlap per race. With 200 riders then each rider needs to pay $250 total, that's 2 races. With 300 that's $167 each needs to spend for the org to break even. The races can go down to 7 or 6 laps to help with the time. I don't know the turn out at Cycle Jam, but with the Texas Market and the amount of riders WERA brings I think it's possible, especially as a National.

6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

"hope to break even"... a great business model!

7. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

1) didn't say "Hope", so get your quotes right. 2) I'm providing numbers with my idea to give a base for this idea, and how feasible it is. This doesn't even include gate fees or vendor fees. So, it's highly likely the org would make money based off those low end numbers.

Realistic numbers give people a better idea so that they may join, and not hopelessly driving a good distance. As the title says "Who would like to race COTA?" Unless you're an org who may partake in this event, that particular statement is useless. Furthermore, what class can I sign you up for?

8. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Fuck that.

Not to mention the drive to and through Texas to get there. And all other expenses.

Again

Fuck that!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  9. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

Moreover, that doesn't include; entry fees, transponder rentals, race school fees, or vendor fees. I'm basing my numbers solely off of a $50k rental a day and rider registration to give an absolutely low end of what needs to be accomplished.

10. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I like IRP, too. Lets run there again.

JBall likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd need to know a lot more about what the 50k includes too. But I do think we could pull it off.

obcbr likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I would also look at combining more stuff if possible since the track length gives us some more room for more bikes. Not sure if I could but I'd try.

obcbr likes this.
  13. inge

inge Between fight or flight, one should choose wisely.

This made my day.

Show up to race, or STFU.

VFR#52 likes this.
  14. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

I thibk you could with great success. It's such a huge track that you would probably not even have lappers.

15. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

I would make the drive down from Frisco to race there for sure! Do it! Prefer not June-August please.

panthercity and obcbr like this.
  16. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

As if finding yourself, mid lap, hurling through the middle of a parking lot doesn't conjure visions of MotoGP glory! :D

5axis likes this.
  17. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I’m down for sure. I haven’t done a trackday there yet but want to ride if.

A race, I know the majority of the 6 NOLA racers (lol) will make the trek over.

But seriously if you can put it in the works and possibly look at a farmers almanac to gauge the dryest part of the year in a hope that the fair weather fags show up I think it would be great.

Hell You could even raise the entries for this one weekend like a national prices at $100 a race

obcbr likes this.
  18. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

I talked to that same guy and he said it was the most incredible track experience that he has ever had. Little bumpy for GP bikes....sure thing! I'm pretty sure that you and me both have ridden through more pot holes, cracks, grass, bumps, etc. on a race track on our SV's.....that would make the bumps at COTA seem like a Sunday stroll!

19. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Never rode COTA but did ride the F-1 Config at the Brickyard at Indy last year with SVRA.... That is the smoothest track I have ever been on by far in my whole life...... Headed up next Tuesday for this years event...Cant wait...

20. obcbr

obcbr Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure their version of bumpy and ours are very different.

TLR67 likes this.