1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who wants to jet ski/boat to the Bahamas this year?

Discussion in 'General' started by 675AV8R, Apr 23, 2013.

1. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

[​IMG]

Alright folks, we're planning this one early. There were a lot of people that expressed interest last year so we're giving y'all plenty of time to plan for the trip this time around. Just working on general details right now, head count, dates, etc.

What we're thinking:

Dates: Around Labor Day, either the week before or the week of
    Departure/Return point: Miami
    Possible Destinations: Bimini, Andros, Nassau, Exumas
    Trip length: 4-5 days

Requirements:
    Must have your own boat/jet ski (renting is an option but you're on your own)
    Must have a passport
    Must be flexible with the dates to allow for weather/water conditions

Even with our bone-headed mistakes last year the four of us that went had an incredible adventure. We're hoping to have more people go with us this time, and rest assured we learned a lot last time and won't make the same mistakes twice.

[​IMG]

So who's in? Brandon? Dale? :D

2. DirtNap

DirtNap used, but not used up.

WOW, how many miles can you go on a tank of fuel on one of those PWC?

3. 675AV8R

Approx. 89 at the speeds we were running. Conveniently enough, it was 88 miles to Grand Bahama last year...

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Just like last time, I hope you guys stay safe and nobody gets eaten by a shark.

But if that should happen, please, please get it on camera.

5. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

6. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

OK, if a fellow wanted to go, what's the best ride he could get to do the job? How much time to cross? What's a "typical" plan when you arrive?

Staniel Cay? (nice bar) Grotto? Stop by and visit Jack Sparrow, maybe?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  7. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

you guys really ride to the bahamas on Jet skis?

HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA WHY ISN"T THIS ON TV

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

My brother and I have talked about this many times since you went.

I just sent him a text to plant the seed. He's midlife crisising at the moment. :D

9. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

F@ck you

:D

10. 675AV8R

Any newer 4 stroke will be fine.

Depends on the speed, stops along the way, water conditions, etc. Miami to Bimini should only take around 3 hours at the most. We made it to Grand Bahama, 88 miles, in 5 hours.

No plan yet. Depends on where we end up.

After hearing about Staniel Cay and checking into it, I'd love to go there, but that would probably push it into a 5-6 day trip or make for some looong days on the water.

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=300724

:D

Does newspaper count?

Do iiiiit.

So that's a no, then? :crackup:

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I should do it on a stand up just for the Jetski Name!

12. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

I am 99% in. Ill begin making arrangements. :D I know I baled last minute last year due to finances, but this year it is on!

13. 675AV8R

:crackup: Hell yes. I was just reading through last years thread and knew you wanted to go then.

14. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

What's the rough estimate on cost including renting a ski? Could be an interesting trip just to be able to say you did it.

15. 675AV8R

Totally depends on where all we go, how long we stay, etc. We paid $500 for 3 days last year. I think they also listed something like $750 for 5 days. Not including the drive down, I think I spent about $1500.

16. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I'm very interested. I'd say my biggest hangup right now is getting a rental sled that will be semi-reliable.

17. 675AV8R

Semi-reliable wasn't a problem :crackup: It was the completely reliable that we had issues with.

18. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Say I wanted to go again...where can I get a better jetski this time?

I dont feel like getting towed in 4-5 foot seas again for 25 miles

19. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I was afraid you guys wouldn't want to repeat the trip this year after that.

20. 675AV8R

I know there were people last year that were interested that had multiple skis, should be able to borrow/rent one of those. I can't imagine finding another rental place that will be as chill as that guy was. Hell Aaron is in the process of buying 2 just for this :crackup: