1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who wants snow?

Discussion in 'General' started by paistes5, Feb 15, 2010.

1. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

I've been on the road for about six weeks now and wherever I go it snows. Moved to Detroit, it snows. Spent a week in Boston, it snows. Had to go to Korea, it snowed. Just went back home to Alabama, it snowed. Why is this snow following me?

2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

stay away from me. this shits getting old:Poke:

3. JimboC

JimboC Well-Known Member

Its coming down good here in Alabama

4. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Vancouver needs you.

5. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Need some out here.

6. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

If it'll make you feel any better, it's not you. Snow on the ground in 49 states this week. Well, unless you did a whole lot of travelling this week.
    Steve

7. bkeros

bkeros Well-Known Member

You Moved to Detroit? Where?

We need more snow! The sleds are begging for a flogging, but the snow's thin unless you go waaaay up north! SNOW!

8. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

the snow can suck it. and f@ck those four little slowly decaying snowman corpses in my neighborhood that remind me every morning that even tho' our snow is gone it's still cold as hell out.

'global warming my candyass...

9. eppy01f4i

eppy01f4i Well-Known Member

Screw snow. :mad:

The 2' on my roof is now melting, of course the gutters are frozen full so know the water is running down the side of the house...... and seeping into the structure.

Nothing like some drywall damage in the living room that I can do nothing about. :mad::mad::mad:

10. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

can you shovel some of the snow off of your roof?

the snow here has been weak. no consistent big hits at all. boring. last winter was awesome. i love lots of horsepower and AWD.

11. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Head up to Maine for me. The snow report isn't looking so good right now.

12. eppy01f4i

3 story townhouse with 2' of snow up there :wow:

I guess I could but I want to ride this summer :eek:

13. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

Who owns the building? You just can't let that sit up there.

14. eppy01f4i

I do LOL

Well the bank for the most part.

15. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

Well, if you have temps above freezing during the day and below freezing at night you will get very damaging ice dams on the edge of the roof. Unless there is excellent insulation and venting. I don't know what the pitch is like, but there's also danger from the sheer weight too.

16. eppy01f4i

I'm going to take a look at it when I get home...... just noticed yesterday. I really don't want to go up there but if it keeps up I guess I'll have to figure something out.

17. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

I'm in the Novi/Livonia area.

18. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

I wouldn't actually go on the roof unless it's a very easy pitch. Even then I may not because of the height. I would have a licensed snow remover/contractor do it. That's just me. I se you're down south, up here there there are people with actual snowblowing/shoveling businesses.

Anyway, I have an old house with insulation but no good attic/ crawl space venting. The north side roof has solid, clear, ice five inches thick along the edge. The warmth of the house, unusually warm days (25 above), and then temps around 0 at night is a recipe for damage. The snow melts on the roof but when it gets to the ice it dams up and even with a good roof will seep through the shingles. The north interior wall, both levels, is soaked with water with some coming in the kitchen. Insurance paid to fix identical damage about 12 years ago.

If it's warm there then this all can't happen but it still might be too heavy for the structure. Good luck.

19. eppy01f4i

Just happens my G.F. works with a woman that's husband does gutters and roofs. She said he has been dealing with this for the past week so I'm having him come out.

I have a feeling this is going to be in the $500 range .... just a gut feeling... damn snow. Was just getting ready to buy an Ohlins for the RR. :(