1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who has a chopper? Britt still here? I want a chopper.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Feb 19, 2022.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

[​IMG]

JBall, The Todd and pickled egg like this.
  2. Chain

Chain Well-Known Member

Chopper

ChemGuy likes this.
  3. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

IMG_20220219_123707.jpg This was my basic Sportster Bobber, then I sold that & bought the sister to this bobber,
    IMG_20220219_122941.jpg
    mine was olive green, but wider front ww tire.
    Then my company sold to China.. So all my toys said bye bye
    I only rode her 5xs.....
    Been collecting parts slowly to do my own but a Triumph Bonnie motor/frame..but essentially will be the same look..I'm forever sold on this look.

If you're an attention whore...lol
    ain't no sport bike on the planet that gets more attention than a cool old H.D. Triumph Harley BSA etc.. even the retro Honda they're& Yami XS bobbers and the Enfields! there doing now are just fucking awesome.

These IMO are "real" motorcycles, by that I mean the heart and soul a riding a motorcycle...
    Certainly no race bikes... The experience it's otherworldly in comparison

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
    Steeltoe likes this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

THAT'S WTF I'm talking about!

Always loved that body style.

Sabre699 likes this.
  5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

you do still have the late 40s pair of mismatched American twins to go with your 80s pair of homemade twins right? In your someday section of course...

hope all is well with you and yours Britt.

6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Egg, you couldn’t handle a slant 6 in a Dart with the gear reduction head on the starter sticking so you had to smack the bell housing of the 727 trans with a hammer that had to ride shotgun so it didn’t fall out the holes in the floorboards, again... you know you didn’t need to put jesus on your dashboard because you could run the slanter out of oil... again... and throw it out of a crabby crawl for an anchor when you weren’t driving it and it’d still fire up and get you there... you know the there being the Irish pub with all the sheep shagging posters on the wall right beside your Duster Demon poster that you lusted over because you’re no Superbird Lynard Skynard freebirding hippy... no man... 383/440 six packs be damned... you’re a 340 guy that can get it over in 12 seconds with a 4 bbl and dual exhaust like the 442 loving closet hiding ass really wanted but couldn’t admit because you just wanted to light ‘em up just for fun... or you girls just wanted to have fun or like a virgin whatever you new waver punk wanabees really sang...

The Todd and pickled egg like this.
  7. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Lots of 70’s choppers on FB Marketplace I’d rather have than the fad-ish stuff most are familiar with.

Steeltoe likes this.
  8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

@pickled egg

that sillyness was from growing up in an auto salvage... the Mopars were all good in my book, HS buddy had/has a sweet Super Bee we built many a 440s for that thing while building my 400s for my first gen Firebirds... good times... I really dig the AMC muscle too... didn’t like the body shape around the fenders of the Javelins but the AMX and others won me over....

The Todd and pickled egg like this.
  9. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

On topic!

The Todd, Wingnut and jrsamples like this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Hey, at least Mopar was smart enough to put the voltage regulator on the firewall, so you didn't have to replace the alternator every time it failed! :Poke:

The Todd and 27 like this.
  11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Last external regulator that had, shorted and made a flashbulb out of everything in the car that was on.... even my hood tach that blinded me temporarily while driving triple digits around a corner like a kid did back then...

Or As I was crawling under my Pontiacs burning my hand on the headers trying to jump the cylonoid(sp?) I did wish I had easy access on a femderwell like FoMoCo

most manufacturers had good and bad ideas... except Chevy... they all suck just for the sucktitude... like assholes everyone had one and like their farts... you always heard about them :crackup:

The Todd likes this.
  12. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

this post is approved.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  13. ChemGuy

You're dead to me...:mad:

:D

14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Meh... I thought of this as their Nova and that’s a big NoGo for me dawg

15. 27

27 Well-Known Member

dude!!! You’re my closest bbs operative to my North base camp anyway... fine... Chevy had a nice 327.... the bored out 283, especially the 325hp fast reving little powerhouse... but all you chevy guys can only do the one thing well... :Poke:just like this guy... the short stroke... I know you can only work with what you have but come on! :Putter: Put your hips into it!

ChemGuy likes this.
  16. 27

27 Well-Known Member

ChemGuy likes this.
  17. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I am/was very much anti-GM anything, mostly due to driving an endless string of crappy rental vehicles made by them.

However, the more I learn about the LS platform, the more my level of hate lessens.

Latest example is legitstreetcars Alex adding a supercharger to his wife's Escalade.

18. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

You just covered about half the county I live in.

The Todd likes this.
  19. ChemGuy

The LS engine is legit. There are tons of examples of people taking 150-200K+ mi LS engines form trucks, adding boost and going real fast. No rebuild. Stock bottom end, heads, etc.
    You can truly build a complete engine realistically for like $5k..maybe less...and stick it into a 60-70-80-90's car and do mid-low 9's in the 1/4. possibly 8's.
    And do it reliably.

20. ChemGuy

We neighbors?

Or related?

:D

The Todd likes this.