Who deserves Roger's seat!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by track wagon, Aug 1, 2018.

1. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I am actually going to answer the original question as posed... Who deserves Roger's seat?
    The answer is nobody "deserves" it, it will be a business decision. All this it has to go to a young kid already in the series, it has to go to a journeyman in the series that would benefit from some suzuki bucks, it should go to some european guy to bring credibility to the series, it should go to my favorite racer because I think it would be cool, to Melandri has a hot wife. You guys are so full of it that the stupid speculation continues to pour forth like a never ending fountain of ignorance mixed with wishful thinking and hope.
    Hope is not a good business strategy and I think Yoshimura will make a solid business decision that will be based on what will get them the best return in the short term and in the long run.

End of reality, I would like it to go to Josh Hayes as I think he has a couple of more really good years in him. I bet he could regularly podium on the Yosh bike and either win the title again if he gets a good run or score enough points from the rest of the field to keep the title with Toni. Either way he would be a good choice.

2. I personally would like to see Kyle get it. Not only has he earned an opportunity such as this with his on-track performance on a privateer bike, but he has a proven ability to attract sponsors.

But if not Kyle, then I would love to see Hayes on it. I am sure he would be able to run up front, and he may get along better with the Suzuki than he did with the new/current R1.

If I had my wish, it’d be Kyle to Graves to replace Cam (so Kyle can stay on a Yamaha, and Cam goes to WSBK), then Hayes to Yosh Suzuki, and Melandri and Spies to Factory Ducati. Then bring Kawi back and put Ant West and Herrin on Factory ZX-10’s.

Boom. We would have the best domestic series in the world. :D

3. condon66

condon66 Member well known

After all that bullshit, writing about all the dumbass reasoning involved here, or lack there-of, you offer Josh Hayes' name. Unbelievable.

4. condon66

Am I missing something here? Serious question. I just jumped another person for suggesting Hayes and then read your post. Has Josh offered himself up in any way? I thought his retirement was in large part due to his having a family now and wanting to step into the next phase of his life/career.

5. 1. Did you not see the damn ":D" at the end of my post?
    2. I specifically said what I would "love to see", as in what would make me happy. Nowhere did I say "this is the most logical and likely scenario".

Steady T likes this.
  6. condon66

Your 3rd paragraph, yes, I took that way, but, your 2nd paragraph seems serious.

I'm just gonna quit reading this lame ass thread. That would be the best scenario for me.

7. Agreed.

turbulence likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

More like stressing over who to get and negotiating with managers.

9. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Scott Russell, Jason Pridmore (dude is still wicked fast!), Eric Bostrom..

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

So, does Boobie-titties still have a chance at the ride in wsbk or are they going with the one bike with a wss rider as the euro sites are talking?

Great to have him stay but really, I'd rather see him over there and someone new in that seat.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

AMA Fan gots nothing on this thread. :D

Wingnut likes this.
  12. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

No votes for “He who shall not be named?”:D

13. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

We all know that Jake is the only one that remotely "deserves" the seat, but that isn't what this thread is about :D

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That would be pretty cool. I hate to see them lose Scholtz since he seems sort of like the adoptive son (I believe Tryg even said in an interview that Matthew really reminded him of Dane) but if they do, JH would make a great replacement.

15. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Gagne looks like he may need somewhere to land. Don't know if that fits into his Red Bull deal though.

16. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

I feel like MotoAmerica is going to be the MLS of bike racing.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Why would someone coming out of retirement make a great replacement for a team with an open seat that is a great option for a young up and comer just like Scholtz is/was?

I'd love to see Josh still racing as much as anyone, but didn't he retire for a reason?

18. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Gagne may be alright if Honda expands their WSBK campaign as they've been considering. I hope that boy stays on the world stage!

19. ton

ton Arf!

i sincerely hope it can get to that level.

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I didn't think he actually retired. I thought he moved into a test/advise role so Yamaha could get Gerloff on to the big bike. That's why they're not running a second 600 - because they're still paying Hayes. Now that that I think about it, I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Hayes back on the Graves Superbike if Beubier goes to WSBK next year.