1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who decided the war was over?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by HPPT, Apr 5, 2004.

1. El Amin

El Amin Well-Known Member

Persia is what i say, but then most don't know. So, Iran suffices. There are crazy radical Americans too. But not most. All you'll ever see in the news will be the ones who are obviously newsworthy. When do you think there will be an Iranian that agrees with President Bush on the news? :D

On, a side note, my father is Colombian, and my mother Iranian.

2. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

That was an excellent post, mtk. :up:

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

El Amin, were you involved in motorcycle racing while in the US? If not, how the hell does one find out about WERA from the Middle East?:)

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dude, you should know by now that anybody who does not agree with him is manipulated by the (liberal) media. Interestingly enough, he has never mentioned where he finds information about current events.;) All we know is that it's not from the media, nor is it from being on location. Maybe a direct feed from the White House?

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Mongo and WERA had sponsored an air strike in Iraq and maybe some of the phamplets blew over the border?

"Surrender and we will give you a donkey, free entry at one clubman event and safe passage on the WERA BBS"

6. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Look your angry because you were “LIED” to, look at the record, Clinton, his advisors and the “BODY POLITIC” as a whole said the same things GWB and the current administration have said, many including John Kerry, it is just that in the light of world events our current admin decided to act. Had we not acted and an attack was linked in any way to Saddam / Iraq you would be SCREAMING wild about that.

Your more than entitled to your opinion, I just find you without objectivity. The overwhelming intelligence reported for the past 11 years of both administrations with respect to IRAQ has been consistent. I will NOT interject divisive issues, objectively the Clinton administration used the same intelligence when it bombed the drug factory in the Sudan and other targets of choice, I was not, nor has anyone in the general public been made aware of the details leading up to those decisions, I assume we acted properly based in the intell, I am TIRED of all the conspiracy theory BS that is bantered about on both sides.

One side denies media bias, the other rails against it, it is clear to me that it exists and depending on the outlet there is bias on both sides. Just look at the difference in the Trent Lott/Strom Thurmond reaction by the media and this past weeks statement by Chris Dodd about Robert Byrd it defines the media bias, and clearly shows the nature of the Democratic party.

Do I wish we did not have to go to IRAQ?, Absolutly, but I think it is what we HAD to do… there are bands of extremist terrorists flocking to Iraq where our military (trained and equiped to do so)can kill them, I prefer that it happen there as opposed to the terrorist trying to come here, seems a pretty wise choice.

I am tired of what I see when I do watch the television, stories out of context, obviously spun in an attempt to influence, and my observation with respect to you is that it works.

Simple logic and deductive reasoning debunks ALL of the war for oil etc etc crap out there. NONE of this is productive it is simply “GOTCHA politics” and makes me sick on both sides of the fence. The current political climate in this country only emboldens a fanatical enemy, one with NO interest in your right to even exist. Those that carp and swipe at our policy in this war serve only our enemy’s. Anyone that thinks a pacification strategy will get us anything but more dead Americans HERE AT HOME is a fool.

Ignoring the bias in reporting is bad, doing so because it fits nicely with what you want to believe is worse. Allowing it to shape your viewpoint is ignorant.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2004
  7. Yamaha Fan

To you PAPA, you make valid points and I acknowledged this, you in turn impugn my education, religion and ethnicity. It is you that trot out your travels, “black, Arab, Muslim” friends to legitimize your biased positions. I am glad you’re safe and sound in frenchy land.

8. Yamaha Fan

Speaking of yourself here?

9. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Can we please stop the "I know you are but what am I?" crap??

10. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Do I sound like Rodney King?:D

11. El Amin

El Amin Well-Known Member

I was actually pointed here by the "ATTN CMRAIDER" thread from another forum. I find this forum very entertaining.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not my fault you pretend not to hear when people ask you questions you are afraid to answer for fear of embarrassment.

13. Yamaha Fan

Maybe a little, do you look like him to? :D

14. Yamaha Fan

Nice ot have your participation here, it is good to have such a direct perspective.

15. El Amin, what do you do for a living in Iran?

16. Yamaha Fan

Pretend not to hear? Afraid, please that is the furthest thing from the truth,

When faced with a valid point opposing your position/opinion you attack the contributors education, ethnicity, experience, location, background, everything BUT their point or opinion.

We all laugh a little lampoon a little and call BS with some of the extreme positions taken on here but you take the cake whith respect to the lengths you go to “legitimize” your positions.

17. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

;)

Nice try, but no. That was aimed more at the folks 'round here that seem to believe everything the current administration says with little more to back up than how evil Clinton was.

18. Yamaha Fan

As I said previously I am tired of the crap on both sides of the fence, just becase I think we are doing the right thing by going to IRAQ does not mean I agree with everything this administration says or does.

To try and have some objectivity there were positive aspects to Clinton, reflecting on his actions as President the negatives easily outweigh this.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Here is the most recent example of you running away from questions for fear of embarrassment (recent thread on superpowers). And it was not me who asked the question. So, until you start providing some answers instead of hiding behind your persecution argument, :moon:

20. Yamaha Fan

Yea right, I was running away.. and you can even tell everyone why, I am afraid of being embarrassed ? I pointed out that the history of the conflict in the Middle East predated the Lead and gunpowder era being presented, I suggested that those with out that perspective might read a bit further back. What was YAMABLOBS response? A demand that I qualify my knowledge of the subject to him, who is he or who are you to demand this of any participant here, ohh lest I forget you’re the all traveled all educated all knowing qualifier of opinion here, now joined by yamablob…

It is factual that the history of the conflict predates the “Modern” wars, failure to understand this and take it in as part of the perspective what ever your ultimate position on the subject means that you fail to have a complete picture.

Is there any particular meaning to your mooning me?