1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which AR 15 type rifle?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mille R, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

My Bushmaster post ban carbine has an A1 upper. Thinking of putting a 20" barrel on it to get rid of the post ban, err lack of features. Fsb with bayonet lug and threaded barrel. Want the triangular handguard if I do put a 20" on it. Found the era correct 3 prong flash hiders also.

2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I put in a bid on a used Savage 14 American Classic in 7mm-08, with rings. :D

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I never knew much about Savage in the past but recent activities have made me more aware of their products, not like they didn't already have any presence. I knew they were good. So I decided to check 'em out further.
    Dammit. Now I want one. :crackup:

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

They aren't pretty guns, but they shoot very well and are very user friendly for barrel swaps.

5. fastfreddie

No, but function over form sure is beautiful. ;)

6. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

My savage 6.5 creed pro hunter combo shoots great. It feels like a pos compared to some other guns but I'm confident with it and the bullets go where i point them. I did put a timney trigger, new base/rings, and zeiss rz800 scope, not that it needed those things though.

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

:D

Screenshot_20170513-164932.png

8. fastfreddie

Stop making me want one. :D

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Come on, everyone's doing it....

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Damn, AR's are CHEAP! I just got an email from CDNN advertising complete DPMS guns for $399 and complete uppers for only $199

11. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Just started my AR build. Went with Aero Precision upper/lower. Going lightweight with repeatable accuracy. Gonna trip in a timney 3lb trigger, jp enterprise bcg, no enterprise capture buffer H1 or H2 weight, BCM 14.5" midweight barrel, precision armament EFAB hybrid flash hider/brake Next step is to buy the lpk, found a customizable kit, and get the buffer tube

12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Be aware that you will need to have the flash hider pinned/welded onto the barrel to make it 16" unless you are putting this on a Short Barreled Rifle lower and have the stamp. Otherwise you are on the wrong side of the ATF rule.

Not trying to nanny you, but rather would hate for you to inadvertently end up on the wrong end of it.

13. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Yes im aware of the pin/weld rule

14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Cool.

Post up pics when you are done! I've got several AeroPrecisions.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

DPMS...

16. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I realize this is an AR thread, but I want to put a folding stock on my SLR107R, which comes with a fixed stock. I took out the two screws holding it to the receiver, and have been tapping at it with a rubber mallet, but it doesn't want to move. Any tops or tricks to getting this stock off?

17. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

ARs are cheap? sheeit... i missed the memo i guess. Noveske lower, Fostech trigger, Noveske 10.5" full upper, Law Tactical folder, SB Tactical brace, some Magpul shit... this is gonna be over $2300 before an optic for sure. i know it CAN be a bunch more, but i dunno that i'd call it cheap by any means.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And you'll have a healthy downpayment on a used Toyota tied up in a paper punch. :moon:

Sweatypants and BrianC636 like this.