1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to buy a Kendon trailer between MD and NY?

Discussion in 'General' started by skee, Oct 4, 2016.

1. skee

skee # 358

New or Used looking for a 2 bike folding trailer.

2. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

3. erick1670

erick1670 Chapin

The first one looks very nice.... I just sold mine....

I got a knock off of a dual kendon (TrailerUSA) it very good. IMG_6375.JPG IMG_6371.JPG

You could look into those.... the only difference is that it doesn't have the casters to roll it around.

PATBAROK likes this.
  4. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Wow, those are pricey. For the same money or less, you can have an enclosed trailer (look for my post in Other).

5. erick1670

erick1670 Chapin

I paid $1300 for mine....

I wanted a race van (Chevy G20) but the liability insurance was more expensive than my full coverage insurance my car.

Furthermore, these trailers can be pull by a 4 cylinder car (manual transmission) easy, no problem at all.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  6. dspaw

dspaw Active Member

PM sent

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Where did you get it for $1300? potentially interested in one.

8. SOFG2

SOFG2 Well-Known Member

I know of a couple used ones in South Carolina.

9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I bought a dual Kendon earlier this year and only used it once. I like the fully self contained van setup. Nice to have around but I'd be open to letting it go for the right offer... zip 43207

10. erick1670

erick1670 Chapin

BigBird likes this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'd let my Kendon go for $1300.

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I hope those bikes are secured better than that when goin' down the road.

14. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

There is no better way to secure a bike than a Pit-Bull TRS. :)

15. fastfreddie

Um, look again. One good bump or highway-speed overpass transition and it's possible those bikes can hop rearward through an arc described by the TRS and subsequently be left standing out of the chocks. Sure, the TRS can keep it upright but is that really all you want securing yours when you have such a long lever of TRS?
    Perhaps in a heavier trailer, the bed of a truck, etc. it's not an issue, but I've launched small trailers with bikes and the bikes will get airborne on top of the airborne trailer.
    It just seems lacking in forethought.

16. erick1670

erick1670 Chapin

I always reinforce my trailers.... like so, don't want to see my precious sliding on the road.

IMG_6535.JPG IMG_6524.JPG IMG_6527.JPG IMG_6529.JPG

17. fastfreddie

The TRS on the left in the first set of pics, the little handle down by the grating...how much force is necessary to lever that handle right through the grate? The legs of the TRS make a pretty long lever, backed by 400lbs of weight that could be set into motion if the trailer leaves the ground. That grate doesn't stand a chance.

18. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

FWIW the torsion bar suspension on these trailers doesn't bounce like a leaf spring sprung trailer does. The kendons ride surprisingly smooth even with only one bike loaded. I own a double trailer and it's over 10 years old.

I wouldn't add a TRS to mine though not saying it's bad or good just not something I'd do. 4 straps on each bike is plenty and just don't pull the fronts down that hard. I apply most my downward pressure on the rear straps. Never lost a bike yet or a fork seal.

19. erick1670

erick1670 Chapin

I had my single trailer for 6 years doing about 8-10 trackdays a year no problem what's of ever... driving between Long Island to NJMP, Pittrace, NYST or Summit.
    IMG_0032.JPG

I have done 2 trips with the dual trailer... I don't even notice is there, I keep looking just too see if is there :D

20. erick1670

erick1670 Chapin