Where did you buy your metal building? Are you satisfied?

Discussion in 'General' started by jrsamples, Jul 15, 2021.

1. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Did a 40X80 pole barn 28 years ago. Pressure treated 6X6 posts, 2X6 laterals, 40 ft trusses 14 feet high, 2X4 purlins set on edge for snow load and all steel sheathing. Two 12X12 roll up doors and one 12X16 roll up door at the far end. $23 grand installed. I did the grading and concrete floor separate. I'd do it again.

3. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

for about triple that price, right now. yes, I looked, and we are in the planning, budgeting stages for a 30x40, 14 tall, 2 12x12 overhead doors, 4 windows, and a man door. 32,600 without concrete. the slab is leveled, compacted, and waiting on building permits. Ski

jrsamples likes this.
  4. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Exactly! I'd love to do a 32x70 shop here but DAMN!! The quotes I've gotten.....wowzers!

5. Motofun352

HINT....make it 16 ft high with 14 ft doors so that you can park a full height trailer in it (ie 13'6" tall). I tried to figure out how to raise mine after the fact....no bueno.

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Good idea. My old commercial building they were 14-16 ft and no issues. The one I'm moving in now, I can't get my toy hauler in and I believe they are 12 ft. Down the road I was going to look into notching another 12 inches out of the concrete and buy a new door, but not sure if that is structurally okay on a concrete tilt up?

7. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Went back and caught the 28 years, and put my eyes back into their sockets.

8. Motofun352

FYI, the inflation calculator says it would cost 43 grand today....

9. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Yeah but WWHDS?

10. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I have a Menards metal shop. I have had it up about 20 years and have had zero complaints or issues.

11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

It needs a lift…

12. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Give me one an I'll use it. Otherwise I'll just keep on working on the clapped out first gen sv on stands.