1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where did the tesla thread go? anyhow. a kid hacked the cars

Discussion in 'General' started by Phl218, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

2. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

KneeDragger_c69 and Phl218 like this.
  3. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

A04F83CB-3C26-49A3-A67A-5DFC37138804.jpeg

Phl218 and sdg like this.
  4. Fuck Tesla.

joec, jd41, sdg and 1 other person like this.
  5. Phl218

Phl218 .

:crackup:

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

7. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I sometimes remind the wife that we’re raising adults, not children. Thanks for the visual.

:D:D:D

8. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

WAY too many people now are not thinking about how the "stuff" in their homes gets there. Source to destination supply chain.

Who is working to put that pretty little poorly build EV in their driveway?

My favorite example I shared with a friend when I shared this image with her..."Too many people think meat just comes from a grocery store, they are either not aware of, or don't want to think about the slaughter house that produces it." She's from Nebraska and revealed to me at that point her Mom once worked at a slaughter house...that's a job worthy of a Mike Rowe episode.

It's why I despise Harley Davidson..they cater to that shallow thinking crowd with their "made in the USA" garbage, while factory workers are bolting together imported parts for the FLXFUCKIT cruiser.

9. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I think we're soon to be remembered why the original Tesla thread was nuked.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    SteveThompson likes this.
  10. That pink drill bit is for breast cancer awareness. We did the same thing on my rig.

kangasj, YamahaRick, joec and 2 others like this.
  11. Ducati89

Gorilla George and Phl218 like this.
  12. Phl218

Phl218 .

this thread is different, it's about a kid that hacked an appliance :D

kangasj, StaccatoFan and Ducati89 like this.
  13. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

What?!?

You mean to tell me my Jesus toast isn’t a miracle, it’s just some punk kraut kid fucking with my toaster? :mad:

[​IMG]

StaccatoFan and Phl218 like this.
  14. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Do electric cars have souls?

15. Ducati89

16. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Yes.
    They sold them to the devil by buying electric cars and in the process making poor kids in 3rd world countries slave for the rare elements used in their production.

But they did at one time have them.

17. joec

joec brace yourself

because there arent lithium batteries in your phone, laptop, smoke detector, rechargable tools, motorcycle.....? :)

R1Racer99 likes this.
  18. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

They hacked into a jeep something years back and turned off the brakes and steering [or something along those lines] while it was driving down the road, just to prove they could. Chrysler quickly closed that loophole, but what others exist?

19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Not nearly the amount of rares in each of those batteries.

Electric home batteries, cars, etc use a lot more per item and while small in total volume now will be much larger in 10 years.

20. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Generally, I am sure the current wireless capabilities in the auto industry are harder to crack than that Jeep was. I am sure the auto-industry lawyers jumped all over that and most critical systems are now firewalled off with the exception of remote start capability. Most don't have a remote shutdown, so not a lot of risk there if you build the interface right. With that said, I am sure a Russia State sponsored level hacker could break into one. Probably even the really good college kid level hacker could. I would bet the easiest way in would probably be for them to hack the automaker's app on your phone instead of the car directly. Even then it would be difficult to do anything beyond what the app can do. The riskiest apps would be the ones that can have the car park / unpark themselves, because that means they have control over the primary controls of the car. The Hyundai Remote Start Park Assist and Tesla's similar system are examples of that.