1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's up with Superbike Planet?

Discussion in 'General' started by Linker48X, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He posts some of the best photos from motogp on the net without making you deal with a bunch of bullshit to see them.

2. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I'm still a fan of the 'Soup, Love the pics, love the stories, love the old stuff brought out of the closet once in a while and I've bought several of the Seevert art prints that he makes available.
    There's not many real passionate motorcycle racing sites, Dean's is. In no particular order the only 3 motorcycle sites i routinely check are Superbikeplanet, roadracingworld and here.

512V, mike w, SBKBee and 1 other person like this.
  3. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

Don't forget asphalt and rubber too. Atleast for me anyway

4. caferace

caferace No.

A&R used to be pretty vilified around here as well. That's faded with time.

-jim

5. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

The pictures of the technology alone are worth going.
    I agree RRW, BBS, SuperbikePlanet.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They used to be nothing but a cut and paste special. Really soured me on even bothering to go there even now.

7. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure, I still can't stand that sight and their "breaking news". Motomatters is great, though.

8. Motomatters and RRW.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If David Emmett put a tiny amount of effort into making the site look attractive and easier to search at a glance, he would put all other online MotoGP journalists of business. :D

I never miss a podcast but I have missed a total of written content over the years. I used to only go there when someone posted or sent me a direct link. I miss less stuff now that I subscribe to his twitter but good Lord, the man has a lot of things to say in 140 characters. :crackup:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    pscook and bleacht like this.
  10. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

So, anyone know what's up?

11. caferace

caferace No.

Probably got their DB hacked and someone is holding it ransom for bitcoin, is my guess.

-jim

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What's a DB?

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Database?

14. caferace

caferace No.

Yup.

-jim

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

okay, what does that mean? Keep the geekese out of the explanation.

How and all that shit. Like them locking up your computer with encryption and all that shit?

16. caferace

caferace No.

Sneak in through a sieve of unpatched software, steal your administrator credentials and encrypt your shit. To get a key, you (in theory*) have to pay the miscreant n # of bitcoins (semi-anonymous electronic "money") to get the key to de-fuxxor it.

-jim

* In Reality, most of the ransomware out there has a free key available from one or another of the various AV vendors pretty quickly after a new version is released.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

okay, wouldn't you have a backup to all that shit?

18. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

You still have to put it on a server somewhere different. If you owned the server hardware, it could take a while to get set up with AWS SS3 or Ec2.

19. caferace

caferace No.

We are talking Dean, here. :D

I did send him an email asking.

-jim

20. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

Good ransomware attacks work by encrypting it for a real long time before they suddenly cut you off. When you go to your backups, they are all then encrypted too. Once you figure out the guy has been planning this for 6-12 months, you know you are totally screwed