1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what's the worst advice you ever got, or...

Discussion in 'General' started by james walker, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

My kid: Here. Put your beer down and throw this big bottle rocket.
    Me: Ah-ight.

2. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Worst advice that I followed- "Never go to bed angry." Screw that, I won't force an arbitrary and possibly inequitable resolution to satisfy some old wife's tale. Are you mad at me? Good. We'll figure it out later, but I gotta get some sleep.

Best advice I never followed- "Sleep on it." I am an obsessive and compulsive buyer of junk. Well, it wasn't junk when I bought, but it turned out to be junk once it got to my place. My garage has magic powers to enlighten me to what I should have seen pre-cash offering. Oh well.

3. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

That's easy as it happened last weekend. Go down to the hardware store b/c I got a clogged toilet. Guy says "you need Liquid Fire."

Here's some good advice: don't use Liquid Fire.

4. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Isn't "Liquid Fire" what comes after the #4 Burrito, Enchilada Special, clogging the toilet in the first place?

5. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

C'mon, what happened?

Edit: could you send the short version to metalhead and have him ghost write it.

6. 418

418 Expert #59

"Lets drink Miller Lite. No hangover and you'll feel like a champ in the morning."

Couple of cases later...I was ruined well into the next day...

7. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

That would be better, but here's the short version:

Grind, polish, and seal on the marble floor that was etched by the sulfuric acid in the ensuing toxic sewage overflow: $450.

Plumber to come unclog toilet: $107

New ceiling for kitchen (which the toxic sewage overflow dripped through after reaching the hole for the tub plumbing: $900

Distinctly remembering saying "f@ck it" before flushing the toilet (to help it along): priceless

Like my Dad always say, there ain't no bottom to dumb. I just always thought he was talking about other people. :eek::(

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  8. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Worst- We're out of beer, we should drink this old box of Franzia I have in the fridge.

Best- The enemy of better is best.

9. :crackup:

10. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Dad: If you are going to be dumb, you had better toughen up!

Dad: Never loan money to a friend( I didn't listen)

Dad: Never let someone borrow anything you can not afford to give away.

11. jd96

jd96 Well-Known Member

My father always said the same. I learned the hard way... He was right.

12. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

I think we have all learned that lesson at one time or another