what's the smallest 12v battery you can get

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Royale w/cheese, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Royale w/cheese

Royale w/cheese Well-Known Member

for a bike? and can you cut off the big ugly battery box on a cb350 and still be legal?

2. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

you can eliminate the battery and box and still be legal [magneto] I just put a 8.5 ah battery in Jesse's 350gp bike because the 6.0 ah one I had before was only just barely good for 2 practice sessions [total loss ignition]

3. ROSKO

ROSKO the dirty Knacker

I ran a points based total-loss system all last year with no issues on a 12v 3ah sealed scooter battery.

4. Tinfoil hat charly

whoa: I had a probe electronic with big dyna coils running .035" plug gap: I wonder if my system was just using mega current or if my battery sucked

5. onefastgs500

onefastgs500 Well-Known Member

we used emergency back-up lighting(exit signs) batteries from home depot-they're small -sealed 12volt units -would run our clubman bikes (total loss)all day(and they are cheap)

6. sqrly

sqrly Registered Squirrel

How do you do the magneto set-up? I am in the process of building a Yamaha DS-7

7. TrayDawg

TrayDawg Hawaiian Tropic Model

I don't have a clue, but...

SmokeSignalRT (Jason) on here can probably help you out. He owns Batteries Plus and is very knowledgeable(when it comes to batteries, women, well that's another story)!:beer:

He hooked me up on my R6 with a smaller light weight unit.:up:

8. Tinfoil hat charly

If you are an electrical wizard you can build one out of the bike's own charging system like Gordon Jennings' CYCLE article in 1969 on a CB450--I'm not a wizard and THR offers a PVL for my CB350 so I bit the bullet and ordered one.....