1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats going on in Oregon?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by joec, Jan 3, 2016.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Could be, from what I have heard from friends who live in the area the mass media is leaving a Lot. Though I suspect local bias also.

The thing that disturbs me most though is that they were tried convicted and spent time. Then a judge says oops I was wrong here is the rest of the sentence. That is wrong in my book regardless of who is wrong.

2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Sadly te current adminstration has a checkered history on enforcement. If these guys had the correct pig,entation or were braking immigration law it would be 100% different

3. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

If you think the BLM is the keeper of "your" land, you are a bit naive. They are thieves, with federal backing.

4. ped

ped Banned

since when are black lives matter people involved in land at all?

5. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Bureau of Land Management, aka BLM (and they used those letters looooong before blacklivesmatters had).

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Foolish, foolish boy. We own nothing. The public owns nothing. Stating that public lands are " our" lands means the illusion they have sold you is still working.

I'll remind you of your position should the time come that they take you house by imminent domain to make another park for "We the people".

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  7. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

There's no reason to get excited over armed men taking over a federal building.
    It's not like they're selling loose cigarettes or waiting for a cab to a tennis match.

HPPT and The Dung Beetle like this.
  8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

And here I thought this crowd liked Teddy R.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Depends on the federal building. One in downtown ATL I'd be all sorts of worried. A gazebo in the middle of buttfuck nowhere southeast Orgeon...not so much. I think something should happen to them sure, same for any illegal protest or illegal arms. But it's not worth a firefight just yet. Let mother nature bitchslap them a bit first. Kinde of like the whole occupy bs.

Buckwild likes this.
  10. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Good points. I'm going to occupy an ice cream stand. Who the hell gives a shit about an ice-cream stand in January?
    #fatlivesmatter #heyIfinnalyusedahashtagthatmakesmegiggle

Lawn Dart likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Depends on where - I think our DQ is still open this year :D

12. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Did they take it at gunpoint? Or did men who legally own guns occupy an otherwise unoccupied building? Students have been occupying university presidents offices and college libraries for months with no response from anyone other than to cave to their mostly infantile demands.

I haven't seen video of them doing anything by force, just being present while armed. But I haven't watched the news yet.

GixxerBlade likes this.
  13. joec

joec brace yourself

It's a visitor center that's been shut down for the season I think. It was empty for the holiday.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

He said icecream, not DQ.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

This land is my land
    It isn't your land
    I have a shotgun
    And you don't got one
    If you don't get off
    I'll blow your head off
    This land is private property!

16. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Are you talking about when they set a back fire to stop a HUGE out of control wildfire caused by lightening (and are actually credited with stopping the wildfire)?

17. ped

ped Banned

So is this like some push for a billionaire to buy up cheap land?

18. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

19. pixie adair

pixie adair Member

20. chas

chas Well-Known Member

Prescribed and Back Burning are actually good. Unfortunately in the west prescribed burning has been cut back allowing large amounts of fuel to build up and this in turn allows massive and dangerous fires to happen putting people and property in danger.

Also the limited grazing and timbering over the years have caused greater amounts of fuel and issues.

So what they were doing was actually a good thing and they seemed to take care of the prescribed burning getting away from them on their own, based on reports. The back burning they did was actually helpful and controlled the wild fire that was happening, reducing overall risk to property and lives.