1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you build id you had more time, or money?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by dave3593, Sep 14, 2023.

1. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

There is a 97 Cagiva Mito “project bike” on Iconic. Putting that Ape V Twin into a “baby 916” would be too cool. Outside my skillset by a lot. I tend to buy bikes and cars that somebody else had time and money to build. I could almost buy that Cagiva Mito to hang in my shop….
    If I had any room…

boxcrash likes this.
  2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Not bad for a "home" built motorcycle.

thumbnail.jpg

3. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I went down the rabbit hole of reading about Ossa's road race history. Great.

And the Konig accomplishments are amazing considered how it was created.

4. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I've always thought that the 250cc Ossa was the best racing motorcycle ever built, it's always been my favourite bike.

As for the Konig, simply a beautiful motorcycle but it did have some serious faults, it took a long time for Newcombe to put together a reliable primary drive and even then it was still a bit of an Achilles heel. The cylinder castings were porous and he would drain and refill the cooling system after every practice and race and if it oiled a rear plug it was a nightmare to get to them. All that said, for a bike built as a sideline by a marine engine company and pretty much designed, put together and raced by one man it was quite something.

dave3593 likes this.
  5. gsrichxr

gsrichxr Active Member

Pretty sure I know who the caretaker of those are and where that picture was taken. If it’s the same guy, he helped me secure the fairing set that is my picture here, and some other including tons of advice hunting parts. Consider him a good friend. The Lucky was in a living room last time I saw it up close, slept on a couch not far from it, TL was there too. Curious, you been up against that stuff personally?

6. Commander_Chaos

Commander_Chaos Hillbilly Genius

Fzr400 frame with SR500 engine.