what would the WERA forum do v. new bike problems?

Discussion in 'General' started by turbulence, Apr 25, 2020.

1. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

vroom!

[​IMG]

2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Is that displacing a current bike or taking the stable from 3 to 4?

3. turbulence

wellllll

DmanSlam and SuddenBraking like this.
  4. SuddenBraking

upload_2020-4-27_19-27-36.jpeg

turbulence likes this.
  5. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Assuming your transaction worked out OK, the initial post, regarding your problem was much more verbose than the "solution".

Squeaky wheels and all, but if you're going to take the time to plead your case on how a dealership was doing you wrong, take the time to make the post to explain how it was made right.

6. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

:stupid:

7. SuddenBraking

I'm not a smart man, but it looks like (at a minimum) it was made right by him being able to ride the bike he bought.

8. metricdevilmoto

I'm positive I'm less smarterer than you.

But a lot of effort goes into bitching when a shop or dealership or seller or buyer or fn phase of the moon does you wrong on the internet, but very little effort is put into the other side or when it's made right and the things that made it right. That's all.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  9. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

:stupid:

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He finally got delivery on a $20K bike that shouldn't have been bricked, shouldn't have required an $800 upgrade in the first place and he needs to go back and say thanks/ sorry to a manufacturer that shouldn't have charge him extra and he should have been able to ride out of the showroom? Yeah, that's what he needs to do. :rolleyes:

11. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Dave,
    Step aside! This 3 foot sharpened screw driver ain’t met for you. :Poke:

DmanSlam likes this.
  12. metricdevilmoto

A dealership isn't an OEM. KTM has their end and the dealership has theirs. Depending on which one shit the bed and which one made it, it matters. But that doesn't make for good internet...

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sorry, but if Joe Tech at the local Honder Murdercycle dealership did this, someone would not be looking for a "attah boy, thanks for unfucking my motorcycle that shouldn't have needed unfucking."

Who bricked his $20K brand new motorcycle? Who knows? Who deserves a thank you for unbricking it? Not a damn person.

14. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

No disrespect to @Dave K but I agree with @speedluvn here. Posting a picture of a KTM among mother nature doesn't explain how the situation was resolved after we all worked so hard to resolve this for the OP. What if the OP's picture is fake? Maybe it's a static bike display smashed against a backdrop? Does anyone know if KTM's got static bike displays? Lol.

So, without the OP circling back with the gory details, his latest posting smacks of the debatable apollo lunar landing. ;)

15. metricdevilmoto

I certainly didn't ask him to thank anyone or pat anyone on the back or even report where the bodies are buried if that's what it took.

I stated that putting half as much effort into explaining the solution as he did the problem would be appreciated. And, by me, specifically. I didn't include you in that.

In essence, most everything I do is problem solving. I like resolutions. It matters as much as the original post matters if that motorcycle came from another KTM dealer, or if a KTM tech flew in on the rot auge.

16. metricdevilmoto

People on this forum worked harder pushing out their morning constitutional than they did helping the OP. I just like seeing whatever the opposite of complaining is sometimes. Especially online.

Bruce and turbulence like this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

So, you're saying that if he wasn't playing nice to KTM, they might come and "KTM" his motor back like they did to Roberts? Got it and wit cha. :D

DmanSlam likes this.
  18. turbulence

whew... goodness that escalated quickly.

to be honest, i’m not sure what they did. my sales guy said a different tech came in and fixed it. i didn’t ask beyond that.

i also didn’t name any names in the OP, so i’m not sure i bashed anyone personally.

saturday the bike wouldn’t turn on. today it did. that’s all i know aside from the info in the OP.

the bikes runs, so they fixed it. i guess i could have done the scummbaggy thing like most everyone in this thread suggested and bounced on the deal. believe me, it crossed my mind, but they made it right so i held up my end of it.

19. turbulence

and you’re right, it’s easy to bitch online when things don’t go your way. guilty as charged. they made it right and i’m happy with the resolution.

Boman Forklift, 23103a, Photo and 3 others like this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Glad it all worked out, great looking bike. :up:

turbulence likes this.