1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I to with this motor?

Discussion in 'General' started by CB186, Dec 13, 2015.

1. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

So now that they changed the rules(again) to make my 580cc R6 motor illegal for even the GP class of LW up here, what should/can I do with the motor? Its an 03-05 generation motor, has 2 season on it(two 5 hour endurances, a 3-hour Team Challenge and a couple dozen+ sprints on it, but the oil is still incredibly clean.
    To be honest, I figured it would have blown up a long time ago, but it just kept on keepin on.
    I know the usual golf/gocart dead, but my golfcart still runs good, and I rarely use it as it is. I suppose I could make my snowblower really kick ass.
    Maybe I'll just strip it down, keep some parts and scrap the rest so it doesn't take up space in the garage.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Track day it, you could win the lightweight class there. Or throw some lights on it and go for the lightweights record at the wang of the dragon.

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I'm swapping a stock motor back into the bike(not my bike), and my R6 has a good SB motor in to, so this is truly an extra motor.

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I was just about to post about this Wera Pro/ AMA/ MMA/ Moto AmericaR6 bike that needs a motor and was looking for some advice on what to sell it for. I can be reached at [email protected]