1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is up with pirelli??

Discussion in 'General' started by tony715, Dec 17, 2007.

1. tony715

tony715 Well-Known Member

did anyone receive and e-mail requesting them to go online and fill out a 1099?

i thinks it funny that they are on top of that but out of the 835.00 they owe me i have only received 210.00 and now they want me to spend my time to fill out a 1099.

why don't they spend there time and send them out. it's not enough i/we have spent thousands on there product.

i just feel this is a real slap in the face.

i have sent e-mail after e-mail trying to get my payouts. :down: :Puke:

2. Strick

Strick Good to be king

It is a slap inthe face that they are following the law? Those bastards.

3. yetidave

yetidave Well-Known Member

Clearly their accounting department has more on the ball than accounts payable. Not really that surprising. That doesn't make it suck any less that you're still waiting on cash. I sure as hell wouldn't accept a 1099 for the total amount you're owed if you haven't been paid in full yet.

4. Why should you have to fill out a 1099? They arent paying us, were just getting a discount on tires.

5. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

6. tony715

no. but.. typically under 500.00 its not even recognized. second i wouldn't have a problem with it if they paid me what i was owed.

do you have any other smart ass remarks!

7. tony715

that is what i am getting at. i/we spend thousands a year on tires wether pirelli or another brand. those contingencies should be a thanks for using our product deal. not applying it to your income. hey, maybe i am just misunderstanding the entire deal here.

someone educate me.

8. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

well,, before it was more of a discount when they emailed you an amount and pin number..... now that they use pre-paid AM-EX cards, i dont think they can get around it....

not sure how this is gonna affect me, at the start of the season they told me not to worry about it... we'll see.....

9. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

they are claiming it as an expense paid out..... im sure its not a wise business practice to pay out $500,000 a year (or whatever it is) and try explaining where the money went when there is no paper trail to it.

10. tony715

well, if i were a business man and i could spend say 500k and in a year know that i could triple that number by doing so.................

that's a good business decision.

every pirelli sticker on every bike is marketing, and advertisement.

you gotta spend it to make it!

dunlops here i come!:)

11. Strick

Strick Good to be king

To answer the first question....yes

I am sure they will be heartbroken by your departure.

12. yetidave

You'll get a 1099 from Dunlop next year.

13. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Yeah but he will be putting to the man.:up:

14. yetidave

Fixed.

15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

YEAH! F@ck the MAN!!!

16. tony715

reading comprehension comes tough, huh?

if i get the payout i wouldn't mind, the point is i have never received the payout.

i'll pay on the 210.00. but i would rather pay on the amount that i am owed, and received

does that make sense to you?

17. yetidave

Easy dude, I know what you meant. I was just saying that you'll still get a 1099 for whatever you're payed. As I said in my original response, I would not accept a 1099 unless you've recieved ALL the money you're owed.

18. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I am sure he read the first post here and comprehended that fine. So which is it. You shouldn't have to claim it or you will gladly pay it?

19. tony715

sorry bout' that. had a tough day and this little tid bit put me over the edge.

20. tony715

i will pay what is owed when i receive what is owed.:up:

has anyone else received the e-mail?