1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA West: Vegas

Discussion in 'General' started by irwnn, Jan 20, 2012.

1. irwnn

irwnn Well-Known Member

I haven't raced with WERA in years and have never raced Vegas. I am planning to join you guys for some fun in Vegas in February, so I'm looking for the skinny.

Accommodations / camping / facilities?

Food / can I bring my portable Weber grill?

Pit layout / parking suggestions?

Is the entrance to the track obvious?

Where is registration / tech?

Gearing for a V3 XS-650?

I don't know. What else should I be asking?

p

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Accommodations / camping / facilities? You can camp at the track for no charge.

Food / can I bring my portable Weber grill? Yes

Pit layout / parking suggestions? Pits are wide open, setup wherever you like. On the pit wall to see the action down the straight or away a bit for a little less noise.

Is the entrance to the track obvious? It is on the outside of the Nascar track. Heading North on I-15, I exit Speedway, turn right, go down about 1 mile over 2 speed bumps and turn right again, this runs you along the side of the Nascar track. Go about 1 mile and entrance is on the right. You should see a Z Max sign.

Where is registration / tech? By the timing/scoring tower.

3. irwnn

irwnn Well-Known Member

Thanks.
    • Wife will be joining, so may go for a hotel down by Nellis.
    • Lost all my gear when my gear bag fell out of the trailer on the way to Chuckwalla a couple weeks ago, so if anybody found a set of classic bumble bee style Yamaha leathers on I-10 they're mine. ;)

4. ktkwong

ktkwong newbie of WERA

Did you sort out your gear situation? i have a spare size 46 Berik/motogp suit if you need, same for L size gloves and 10.5-11 sz boots.

ill also be out there, never been, but looking to have a great time!

5. irwnn

irwnn Well-Known Member

I have a spare (although slightly small) set of leathers, & spare gloves. Still need to pick up boots and a helmet. I hope to have it all sorted out by then, but if you wouldn't mind bringing your spare boots... ;)

If you see me in the pits, stop by and say hello.

It's all about having a great time at my age!

p

6. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

hey guys is there a track day/anything on Friday?

7. vince224

vince224 Well-Known Member

yes: contact racers edge / dale kieffer.

vince
    :D

8. irwnn

irwnn Well-Known Member

9. Boman Forklift

Bummer about the gearbag. I also have some spare leathers and boots you could borrow. What is your size?

10. ed who?

thanks guys. just from pdx not too many choices.. see you guys there friday. Hoping for some great racing! :beer:

11. irwnn

irwnn Well-Known Member

You guys rock. Like I said, should have it sorted by then, but just in case: I'm 6'1", 165 pounds, medium helmet, and 11 boots.

12. irwnn

irwnn Well-Known Member

Got new boots, & back protector, and helmet will be here in a couple days. Also have old spare leathers, so I'm set for gear! Thanks for the offers guys.

p

13. Boman Forklift

Cool. Mine are red, so that would have clashed with your bumblebee. :)

14. irwnn

irwnn Well-Known Member

Too funny. My spares are old school red, white, and black...

I'll not be the picture of fashion. ;-)

15. ed who?

Anyone see the forecast? Sunday showing rain.. :up::up::up: you guys DO race in the rain dont you?? Your not like those pussy AFM racers of mine that have a brick and if 4 drops hit the brick in 15 mins they shut it down.. :crackup:

16. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

Rain?? You got to be f@$kin kidding me.....

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh? It's a week away, no forecast is accurate yet.

And yes, we do race in the rain, the track in Vegas is fine when wet.

18. Boman Forklift

:crackup::D That is a special breed of racer, as far as I can tell, they are only grown in the bay area, quite unusual.

19. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

I'm sure it is. I'll watch just to make sure

20. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

Dont know what forecast you are looking at but Weather Channel says 0% Saturday and only 20% late Sunday - that does not sound like rain to me.......