1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA Website

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So it's down again as the server got hit by ransomware overnight. Gotta figure out the best way to restore everything so I expect it to be a few days before it's all back up and running. Sorry for the hassle.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay after a bit the website is back up - however we decided to go back to a known good backup of everything which means that currently all of the December and January new members and renewals are NOT going to be showing in online registration or the other site pages. We will get all of that sorted this coming week and update. As a result we will be leaving pre entry for Talladega open a couple of days longer and we will be delaying opening Las Vegas a bit as well. Sorry for all of the hassle and thank you for your patience.

rob92 likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Talladega is back open for pre entry. I'm guessing that between the new server software, SQL, software and settings that somehow something will be broken on getting the pre entries from the site to the office - however don't worry about it on your end, we'll be double checking everything. It just means I'm going to wait a day before I open Vegas. Besides that I lost the schedule I'd done for it so need to redo that as well.

We went to backups of the important stuff from late November. That means anyone who signed up for online registration since then will have to do it again. On that note if you have used a password for our stuff that you use elsewhere - change it everywhere. It doesn't look like anything was copied from our end but you never know. The online registration is the only area where we store any passwords. If you have already pre entered Talladega you are fine even though it won't show online that you're in those classes right now. Talladega pre entry will also be open until late tomorrow night or early Thursday morning. I'd go longer but we still have to process things and get loaded and drive to the track Friday. Thanks for your understanding and be safe travelling, we'll see you this weekend!

4. SunDevilRC51

SunDevilRC51 Member

Tried to re-register on MAPS this morning and it looks like the website is having a problem sending the validation emails. It returned this error:

CDO.Message.1 error '80040213'
    The transport failed to connect to the server.
    /maps.online/shared/functions_email.asp, line 231

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hmmmmm....I fixed that at one point. Lemme look.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So seems to be fixed again for now. Let me know if you have any issues.

7. SunDevilRC51

SunDevilRC51 Member

Confirmed. It works now.

However, I'm sorry to be the bearer of more database bad news. I can't add a bike. This is the error for that one:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBMSLPCN]ConnectionWrite (send()).
    /maps.online/shared/functions_db.asp, line 122

second try returned this:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'
    [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
    /maps.online/shared/functions_db.asp, line 9

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

Thanks for the troubleshooting.

Oh wait a sec - we were playing with the sql databases, that's probably why two different errors at different times - give it another shot.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I just tried it, should be good now, sorry about that!

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And yet again it's down. Had a new router put in but timed it badly as it went in as I was driving to the airport to fly to Vegas and it's not working right obviously. Should be back Tuesday when I can get to the office from the airport.

APO2112 likes this.
  11. APO2112

APO2112 Well-Known Member

Thanks for keep us updated on the status when the site goes black. One thing I noticed after the last reset was that we couldn't update our bikes or edit current ones?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hmmmmm, I'll try and sort that out once I get it back up and running - and when I forget, remind me :D

APO2112 likes this.
  13. APO2112

APO2112 Well-Known Member

I went on a tried to do all the things...worked great! Thanks!

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Very cool, thanks for checking it!

15. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

Trying to register for Roebling. Looks like the website is down

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's working fine and was every time I checked it over the weekend. Nationals are still open for pre entry, sportsman closed last night at midnight (maybe at 11 due to the time change, I'll check that).

What kind of error are you getting?

17. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

I tried to get on last night around 11 and it would not come up at all. Worked fine this morning.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Weird, no clue what happened sorry. No power outages or the like here. Given all that I've been doing to the poor thing I expected it to be on my end.... :D

19. Mark Badillo

Mark Badillo Well-Known Member

Tried to register as a new MAPS user this morning to preregister for Gratten. No joy, just error notices

20. Mark Badillo

Mark Badillo Well-Known Member

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e07'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Conversion failed when converting date and/or time from character string.

/maps.online/registration.asp, line 571