1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA GNF wknd thread (updates/pics/results)

Discussion in 'General' started by ed who?, Oct 25, 2012.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Great event, great time overall! As always, wish I had time to turn more laps - but it was great running with some fast company out there.

Thanks WERA.

:beer:

2. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Great times with great people and it was killing me watching and not racing! That was my first time to Barber and I was totally impressed from the landscaping to the bathrooms...lol! This is an outstanding spectator event for future growth IMO!

And I gotta put a plug in for John Palmer....showing up on a 2005 with stock rearsets and performing the way he did! Proof what some passion and hard work can attain! Other than that, I had a great time and am looking forward to doing it next year if all goes well!!

3. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Well you want pics.. here is how my weekend ended :(

Highside on the sealer strips out of T5. Bike ghose rode into the armco and then tumbled.

I have some bruises but am fine. HJC RPS-10 took my full bodyweight nearly landing on it and I was not even really dizzy. Good to go. Amazing helmet

[​IMG]

4. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

Thanks. It's ok. Mike found some white ones. Doesn't matter now heard Daytona Anderson took him out last corner. Sad. Tucker was clearly faster according to mylaps all weekend up to that race. Plus would have liked to see both them racing. Oh well At least both kids are ok for most part.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Tucker wasn't clearly faster that particular race although he sure as hell was overall on the weekend. No one took the other out, they were racing and it was close but taking someone out implies some sort of intent and that isn't the case. I'm not happy Tucker fell by any stretch but it does happen.

All of the WERA kids from out West were impressive. Loved all the people winning from all of our regions all over the country. Perfect example of what the GNF is and should be as an event.

6. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

Mongo I was going by what 4 different ppl there saw & said. One a very close friend if yours even, all said clearly ones fault. Said Daytona came in way to hot and used him to save a low side as he got in way too hot:late. It's racing it happens!

As for not clearly faster?? Ok, i was goung off lap times but also where did Tucker start that race? Where did Daytona start from? I'll also have to go back to mylaps as I thought tucker was clearly faster every session. But again it's racing it happens and I've met Daytona he's really nice kid as well. I wanted to see the two really do well all wknd.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes one was at fault, still don't like the term taken out or took out but that's me. I don't want people on here starting shit that doesn't need to be started between the kids.

Agreed on both kids being great.

In that race Daytona was flying and was actually a tenth or so better than Tuckers best time. Doesn't change how dominant Tucker was all weekend. Or how Andre just kept getting faster and faster all weekend.

8. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Which one of those two were behind me when I highsided? It was either Daytona or Andre and Murray had just gone by.

Im Glad I didnt take whichever out when I crashed. They were riding awesome for sure.

9. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

My GNF..... Or DNF LOL.

Attached Files:

10. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!

That looked so fast and horrible. Then you stood right up. Awesome.

11. Cajun Kid

It Hurt me pretty good. I hit my head, and had a small concussion. Huge bruising on my hip and ribs. I rode on Saturday but just couldn't physically ride the way I did in practice Thursday and Friday...

What did I learn.... You cant win the race in the first turn, but you can lose it...

12. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

What a thread. Cheaters and crashers.....and tattle tales....and fan boys. lol

The weather fri. was great....sat. not so much...sun. was a bit better.

I'm not sure of the official results but I think I managed four 4ths a 5th and a 6th at the GNF. I got the holeshot a few times....I held 2nd and 3rd for a few laps. I had some really great battles with the TOBC crew, a couple guys from TX, and a dude from MI but spent most of the weekend attempting to keep Stroud and Gavin in sight. There was some great racing going on in the LWT races. My plan was to only use one set of tires all weekend and not crash. Success on both fronts! lol I have crashed every other time I had been to Barber. This time I littered the track with knee pucks and exhaust bits. lol
    It was great seeing so many racers at the track. I had a blast.

Till next year,
    Tuna

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  13. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Silly coon ass!! Glad you're ok :up:

14. sowega

sowega #710

It was good seeing Molly. Tuna, as always, sucks ass.

15. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Im just glad he's taking care of my seed....

16. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Just got home from our trip to the GNF, what an awesome weekend!

First time to Barber, it took me way too long to learn that track. Felt like a rolling chicane in the Saturday LW races. Sunday was better. I dropped 1-2 seconds/lap every race throughout the weekend, so I'm happy with it!

The 419 crew will be back next year!

17. Cajun Kid

Woke up today, and its like somebody turned the lights back on. Feeling a lot better.

18. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

:up::up:

19. Had the worst arm-pump ever at the GNF for some reason. I made a conscious effort to not squeeze/hold on tight (I usually have a light grip anyway) and it was still ridiculous.

Got my first non-mechanically related DNF in over 3 years in the C-SS National race because i simply couldnt work the controls anymore. :(

Im trying to think back and try to figure out if i did anything different training or diet wise leading up to the GNF that would have caused it. I have had arm pump in the past, but nothing like that.

The only think i did different was play golf the Monday before it, but im sure that had nothing to do with it. I dunno what caused it, but it sucked. If the remaining Sunday races would have also been 12 laps, i wouldnt have been able to finish them. It was all i had to be able to finish the races as is. By the white flag lap, my forearms were like balloons.

20. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Did you pull that from an old interview with stoner back when he was racing at the club level? :Poke:

I KEED! :D
    Glad you're ok.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012