1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA GNF wknd thread (updates/pics/results)

Discussion in 'General' started by ed who?, Oct 25, 2012.

1. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

Just looked for this type thread but couldn't find. I figured someone had started one for us to follow all weekend with results and such...but if not would love folks to post up details as go along and pics too!

I heard Tucker Lancaster my only racer down there (to far for us west coasters lol) took pole today but not sure the exact name of the class? (600 Prod? or stock something?) huge congrats Tucker!

Would be cool to follow along all weekend the various reports, results, maybe pics from folks down there.

If repost i apologize, post link up. Thanks and good luck to all down there!

:beer:

2. ed who?

Found it.. 600 SS Expert. great to see Nick McFadden up there too, such a nice guy!

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=2517185

Looks like @23 riders..is that good? bad? normal? last GNF i attended was 2003 with Dugan and Holden...and i had hair.. but grids were "ok" then

3. 23 riders making qualifying, considering it is during the week and most people have jobs, is pretty good IMO. That is a lot more than we had at qualifying at Talladega last month.

The paddock is packed, turnout is good already and there will be more people showing up today/tonight. Going to be a good weekend. :clap:

Personally, we are working on setup issues and my lines. Yesterday was good but we have a long way to go still. Changed the rear spring and did some other tweaks which helped a lot. They have a few other ideas for this morning; hoping for a productive practice.

The weather is awesome!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  4. ed who?

Very cool. I totally forgot it was Thursday!

I heard old mark 57 dusting off leather, wd-40 the knees and riding a 1000.. Wish they had live video feed like they do at PIR to watch. Good luck to everyone, would be cool to see pics, barber still one of my favorites last time I was there was working with Jeff Wood on Vesrah SBK (talk about a great guy to work with!) thou the weather was crap the track looks like its at a country club.

5. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

nick

I remember him as a 4 yr old gentleman shaking hands with me like a man when his grandmother brought him up to the shop to get measured for his first flat track leathers. where has the time gone? all the best and good luck ! bill and darethea

hey Ed did you ever learn how to fly a plane? we talked about that at clermont once. bill

6. 418

418 Expert #59

Was there yesterday. I thought the turnout was really strong. There was a bunch of guys in heavyweight expert practice which has been a weak class as of late from what I've seen.

7. MDGeist

MDGeist Tropical Splash rider.

This place is packed, and it is great weather! Loving the DJ. :up:

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Up something like 6% riders and 10-15% entries so far just for the Sportsman/Vintage stuff. Amazing weather and great fun so far!

9. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

:clap:

10. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Missing the first one in probably 15 years or so. It would be great to get updates to hear how things are going. Best of luck, and safe racing to everyone.

(Bring endurance back to the GNF!)

11. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

glad to hear that you'e getting a good turnout!

Wish I had the fundage to be there. :(

12. ed who?

Congrats to Tucker Lancaster winning his first one, B superstock (thats 750ss kinda correct? sorry the names still get me out west) Just wished i hadn't dropped ball on sending the matching day glo yellow edr decals.. his bike stands out big time.. the kids are bringing back the neon of the 80''s:crackup:

He said turn out was looking awesome too..so congrats WERA! :beer:

Love to see some pics as we are traveling down to Cali ourselves...

13. caferace

caferace No.

...and not a single photo of debauchery... yet. :D

-jim

14. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Wait til Kessler turns up the unce. :D

Wishing we were down there with you guys! Ride the wheels off 'em and have :beer:!

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Tonight is the first night for trophies and stupidity :D

16. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Vision Hayes is the real deal. 1st in ESS.......:up:

17. caferace

caferace No.

I think us Californians mentioned that already. :D

-jim

18. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Hmmm, I didn't see it anywhere......:confused: :D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So funny the people who are asking who are these guys. Evelyne I sit there and laugh since we see them all the time along with the fast guys on this side of the country.

20. Mongo can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think medical rolled all day. Overall it was a good day of racing.