1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA class and rain

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by primo, Mar 31, 2011.

1. primo

primo Well-Known Member

If the class has started and then it begins raining, what happens if I do not have rain tires? Do they teach us indoors without going to the track or is it just canceled?

2. Rx3

Rx3 1%

You can run on DOTs if the rain isn't really heavy, you will just have to be very careful/ride slower.

Rain is still a go, unless there is lightning or ice involved.

3. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Racing in the rain really isn't that bad. Just relax and do your best impression of Keith Stone.

4. fzr400tony

fzr400tony can't ride

If you're at Summit today, then you already know the classroom was inside.

I hope you passed and have a successful weekend if you stayed and raced!!!!
    :up:

5. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Yep...I wound up running 3 races in the past 2 years on slicks in the rain.... I only run DOT's now because of that. The DOT's really aren't that bad....just slow your roll a bit and let the bike wiggle

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I did my class at IRP in 97 and it poured during our day. And to make it even better, I was on a finicky RD400.

I figured it was my baptism.

7. JPG671

JPG671 Well-Known Member

One of my few claims to fame was racing (and finishing) a TZ250 on slicks in the pouring rain at Summit Point.

One of the few times I beat my father, who was on a Ducati 750SS with treaded tires.

I KNEW I had no traction and just focused on being smooth.

He thought he had SOME traction, but he had less than he thought, and DNF!