1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA BBS fantasy football 2014

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

New year, new thread. Please post a commitment here if you're a 2013 player and want to play again, or if you're not playing.

Payment before the draft, first game, whatever... But it's gonna be before the season starts.

Other than that, let's hash out what rule changes or other tweaks people want.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

Here here....waivers are the biggest rule change for me.

3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

May I play again?

4. Scotty87

I think I'm with you on that one

Of course, ya knucklehead! :D. You played last year didn't you?

5. dtalbott

Just figured I better ask.

Thanks.

6. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

In.

Pay before draft

Yes PPR

Cut back number of bench players to open up waiver wire / trades.

Lever still sucks :D

7. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Hell yea I am in to talk shit this year and then cry about it after the season.

I just got off the phone with the bank to see about a loan, should know this afternoon if I am approved so I am not late paying this year. Fingers crossed:D

NO ppr

Waiver should be, guy in frist place is last on waviers right?

Yahoo yes

Lever sucks yes

thats all

8. dtalbott

Yes and yes.

9. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

I'm in!

Here are my thoughts on the rules:

1. $50 must be paid by July 26th (timing is when most camps start) in order to be a part of the league
    2. PPR can stay
    3. Waiver priority list should be random and not bsed upon who's the "Lever" of the league
    4. Bench = 6 players
    5. 10 team league

10. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Quoted from the 2013 thread. I want all of this. Everything else was perfect. I liked last years bench size (which was already down one from the previous year)

11. dtalbott

Were there any trades last season?

12. SLLaffoon

There were a couple. It was the year before (on espn) that left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. That season had 7 players on the bench. Last season was 6, and I thought it was perfect. Any less than that and the people who did their homework and drafted well aren't rewarded.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

:stupid:

14. dtalbott

True, but the shorter bench would mean you would have to decide when to make sacrifices and when to make trades. More interaction for the owners.

Either way is fine for me. I plan to lead the league in free agent pickups, anyway.

If Lever plays, can I just skip the draft and beat his butt with my pick of the leftovers? :D

15. Scotty87

1. I say we up the juice a little, but I really don't care.
    2. Yes PPR
    3. I disagree with this. I like Big Birds method on this one
    4. I think a 5 player bench is reasonable and fair but I'm cool with 6 too. 7 was too big and 4 is nuts small.
    5. We're gonna do 12 again. So far the only person out is Yzass, and Papa is taking her spot.

16. Scotty87

Okay, so for a current tally:

Myself
    Sprinky
    Talbott
    Anupe
    Big Bird
    Papa
    Dragn
    Laffoon
    Drew
    Mag (commented in the 13 thread recently... You want in right?)
    Doug K (you did say you wanted in in the 2013 thread, right?)

We have not heard from Lever yet but I checked and he hasn't logged in since the 2nd so it may take a little bit before he sees this. He has been pretty quiet around here recently though.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  17. SLLaffoon

The sacrifices and trades make it more of a week to week type game, if that's what people are after. Personally, I prefer a different method, but I can understand why people like Lever would want to ditch their teams by the time we get to bye weeks. :Poke:

18. Scotty87

I'm with you, I'm more a draft based believer, combined with waiver claims. Every year there's 3-4 that end up as must starts.

I've been playing since around 2000 or so and I've never been in a league that traded a lot, and some of those leagues had pretty small benches.

19. SLLaffoon

I think trades come down to knowing/trusting the other players. I've traded in every season so far. But, without the face to face contact, sometimes it can be hard to work things out. It doesn't help when there are one or two people who like to throw out crap and see if anything sticks.

20. dtalbott

You mean by the time pre-season is over, right?