1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted 07 R6 clutch switch wire

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by MachineR1, Sep 4, 2016.

1. MachineR1

MachineR1 Well-Known Member

Looking for a clutch switch wire for my 2007 Yamaha R6 the previous owner of the bike removed it. Please let me know what you have. Thanks.

2. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

Not sure what you're asking for. The clutch switch wires were bundled into the LH switch cluster wiring and 10-way connector; removing the switch cluster removes the switch wires.

If you want to make a clutch-only lead, the connector to the harness is here, and the switch itself uses to small flag / spade connectors, available at any Canadian Tire / NAPA / Pep Boys-type store. You want to match up with the Black / Yellow and Blue / Yellow wires on the harness connector; it doesn't matter which wire is which.

3. MachineR1

MachineR1 Well-Known Member

Don, thanks for your help. I am just going off of pictures online, it looked like to me that the clutch switch wire had spades on each end. It's hard to visualize just going off pictures.

4. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

No problem. There ARE 4 spade connectors; the problem is they're all individually wired to the connector! The two big spades are for the horn; the two little flag connectors are for the clutch switch. If you build one of your own, it will probably make life easier to dismount the clutch switch and take it with you ...