1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk this way...Run DMC

Discussion in 'General' started by casjoker, Sep 23, 2017.

1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

And of course, Cypress Hill.

2. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

The Green Seed

3. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

4. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Hit it! :D

JustaNobody likes this.
  5. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

CB-4 be bN my favorite wrap group of all time..
    Stab Master Arson keeps it real!!:cool:

jmhn.jpg

JustaNobody likes this.
  6. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

I still love Chuck D , Flava Flav not so much lol

7. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

8. G8rDuc

G8rDuc N00B

Ehhh, maybe I'm old or something, but I loved listening to UTFO, Roxanne-Roxanne, Rappin' Duke, Curtis Blow, etc. back in the "roller skating, break-dancing on cardboard" days....I still don't consider Wu-Tang, Public Enemy, etc old school, not sure why.

9. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

Yeah, Wu-Tang’s not really old school but they’re great. PE is borderline I think.
    Rap from the 80’s and 90’s was much more interesting. The stories being told, imagery through words...good stuff. The vocabulary of some of those groups was unreal. Two-three minutes of non-stop rhymes, with minimal profanity. It wasn’t all dressed up with computers either.

I heard a song a couple years ago where a guy “rhymed” kitchen with diamond. Kitch-uuuuun; di-uh-muhuuun. Wtf is that?

Wu-Tang, Biggie, Gangstarr, Beastie Boys, EPMD, Mobb Deep, KRS-One, Mos Def, Erik B and Rakim, Grandmaster Flash, Big Daddy Kane, Slick Rick, Snoop, Dre., NWA, Cypress Hill.

yuengling910 and JustaNobody like this.
  10. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Baby's Daddy just popped up on my pandora. :crackup: