1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk this way...Run DMC

Discussion in 'General' started by casjoker, Sep 23, 2017.

1. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Love that video/band combo...watching a bunch of Beastie Boys too. Those guys looked like they were having a blast back them...way better than the overproduced douche bag shit that's out there now!

Just watched Intergalactic...good shit!

Trying to get my kid to appreciate music that doesn't just talk about slapping ho's and smoking weed.

I'm out...time to roll in my 5.0 with my rag-top down so my hair can blow...

Wingnut and Phl218 like this.
  2. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

My kids turned me onto Hopsin (Marcus Hopson) a couple years ago. Good production, funny as crap self-deprecating lyrics and great flow.
    Check out the albums Raw, Knock Madness and Pound Syndrome.
    The songs Gimme That Money and Ramona are some of the best/funnies hip hop songs I've ever heard.

3. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

4. joec

joec brace yourself

The original root down by jimmy smith is actually better than the bboys..the vid for somethings got to give is good..but damned the vid for sabatage is one of my all time faves.

Still hard to believe they're no more. I never got the impact of the loss of guys like hendrix, morrison, bonham, etc had on bands. Some people just can not be replaced. Wasn't a big fan of the bboys politics, but those guys were talented...I saw then.with murphys law in 1987 in ct someplace..had no idea....

5. joec

joec brace yourself

Oh...kool mo dee.....go see the doctor..

JustaNobody likes this.
  6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Beastie Boys hardcore is good. Not a rap fan whatsoever, but "sabotage" video was funny and feels kinda nostalgic when I hear it now so I keep it on if its on the radio.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  7. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Old school stuff like the BBoys and Run DMC is actually the only rap I can listen to. I cought Young MC's bust a move on the radio yesterday. I love that song.

8. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

The original by Aerosmith is much better.

I hate all Rap though.

Id eather listen to Stevie or George Clinton.

9. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

I think some of the old school stuff was fun. There were a few things back then that was over the top, Luke Skywalker and the Ghetto Style bass/2 live crew come to mind. Most of the stuff that I hear now regardless of genre, for the most part, is garbage.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Get off my lawn! :Poke:

11. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Says the minnesota white-boy:moon:

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

KRS one was and is damn good. I still love Public Enemy.

13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Big Poppa

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Don't make me ask that Lake Mary white boy to draw me a map. :Poke:

15. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

Eric B and Rakim

16. tz_eric

tz_eric Well-Known Member

You beat me to this one.

MC 900 Ft Jesus
    RHCP - only the stuff up to Mother's Milk

cha0s#242 likes this.
  17. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Professional rapper

18. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

There's still plenty of great hip hop, it just gets drowned out by ridiculous mumble rap and auto tune garbage. I'll never understand how Drake got famous.

Talib Kweli, Hopsin, La Coka Nostra and each of its members individually... Plenty to listen to.

Sprinky and shakazulu12 like this.
  19. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I was never into rap, more metal. But when Eazy-E and NWA first hit, I was a fan.
    Beasties were good too.

20. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

Rob base and DJ E-Z Rock rock rock :)

Potts N Pans likes this.