1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Sidecar Info Needed

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by vance, Oct 24, 2017.

1. vance

vance *

Anyone have one, pics, rig or platform for sale, willing to give info for a start up project?
    Any help greatly appreciated. Not an F1 or anything like that, more interested in sc1-3.
    Already have a bike in mind if I have to make my own.
    Looking to get my wife out to the track with me and she's willing to be the monkey :beer:

2. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

He hasn't been around here in years, but Tim Joyce is running one, I think.....I'd bet ANYONE running one with AHRMA would be more than happy to get help get another rig out there.

Good luck Vance, unusual, ambitious project sir....please post updates.

3. vance

vance *

Thanks for the lead Charlie. Unusual and ambitious fits pretty well :beer:

4. craig641

craig641 Well-Known Member

Vance - you may want to ask the same questions on the USCRA facebook group. The USCRA seems to have the largest contingent of sidecar racers. They also have a yahoo email list if you don't do facebook.

BigAl8295 likes this.
  5. vance

vance *

Thank you. I don't have Facebook so I will google their info and get on the email list.

6. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

If for some reason your wife doesn't want to go first, I'll volunteer for test monkey duty. :beer:

7. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

8. vance

vance *

Deal! :beer:
    If I can move fast enough on this project, the opening round is in February at Roebling. Sidecar practice is only on fridays.
    It makes sense to make that round since it is the closest to me, so we will see how it goes.
    She may want a demonstration. :D
    This was her long ago on the back of my 600 at Nashville

Attached Files:

9. mwrlex

mwrlex Well-Known Member

Looks like you have some potential contacts. You can go to the AHRMA website and look at the rulebook. In the back you'll find contact info for the 3 members of the sidecar committee. Any or all would be glad to help. Good luck with the project. Looking forward to seeing you Roebling.

10. vance

vance *

Looks like I'll be moving forward with the original step 1 of attaching a sidecar to the XS650, then stuffing the spare motor into a kneeler later on if the wife has fun this year. Existing rigs are just not of sale, or all of the old dudes who own them aren't on the internet.

11. Vintage Bling

Vintage Bling Well-Known Member

Vance, Brad Phillips here. I am a ahrma sidecar racer, builder, and on the rules commitie so feel free to send me a email and I will see how we can help you out. I currently run a SC4 1000 cc bmw rig, current National champion on this rig. But I also own a XS650 kneeler SC2 rig. I am in process of building a run of kneeler frames but it has been super slow, just to much other stuff in the way latley. The more rigs we can get on track the better. [email protected]

ToofPic likes this.
  12. vance

vance *

Email sent

13. vance

vance *

Brad, sent you a few emails. Definitely interested in your XS650 kneeler or a frame if you’re going to build some.
    Vancepe @ yahoo dot com, no spaces
    Thanks

14. vance

vance *

anchorman.jpg

I just bought an F1. Hope you're ready James, I'll get it delivered from Ontario to Daytona in March. May try for the March South Carolina round or may rent Jennings for a day if they'll allow it on the track. :beer:

james walker likes this.