1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage in Vegas

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by irwnn, Mar 15, 2012.

1. irwnn

irwnn Well-Known Member

First: I'm nursing a blown up shoulder right now, so plans are tentative...

I plan to run my XS-650 in Vegas, 07-08 April 2012. This is not a Vintage weekend, so I'll run F2, and LWT. There is also a Clubman race listed which I'll enter, but am hoping to register as V-3 rider.

So, Second: Mongo - Will it be possible to register for V-3 and run with the Clubman race (I'm not worried about any trophies or any other nonsense, I just want the V-3 class represented and to maybe get some points toward a GNF invite)?

Third: Any other Vintage racers gonna be in Vegas?

Fourth: Links to my feeble attempts at promoting the weekend - Day 1, Day 2

That is all,
    p

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No V3 that weekend since we're not having any Saturday V classes sorry.

3. irwnn

irwnn Well-Known Member

Thanks, Mongo. I was aware of the lack of Vintage classes on Saturday. Given the Vintage turn-out in the west, I can't blame you. I'm planning to run four races with the XS: F2, LWT (both SS and SB), and (I was hoping) V-3 in race 12. Can you give me a quick and dirty answer as to why it's not possible for me to register for V-3 and run the class in race 12 with Formula 3 and Clubman? If we could do that for a V class or three I might be able to get some of the Southwest Vintage Cup kids to come out and play. :clap:

I appreciate your time :beer:,

p

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not going to add a class that isn't scheduled to run for one rider sorry - I know it doesn't make a lot of sense but in large part it's a consistency thing on our part that we strive for. Adding a class for one individual is one of those things that I can guarantee would hurt us in the long run - as soon as someone sees your results we'll be getting calls about how if other riders knew they could run V3 they'd of course have been there and now we're the bad guys for trying to be nice... It's the kind of thing that has happened enough we now try to stick with what we've posted and treat everyone as equally as possible.

I really wish I could make exceptions like that but the boss lady would shoot me and I can't really blame her having dealt with the cans of worms I've opened over the years.

5. irwnn

irwnn Well-Known Member

I guess that makes sense >he said begrudgingly<. Seriously, I get it. Disagree with the logic (a little), but I get the can of worms type problems.

So that takes care of the "second", thanks again Mongo.

The "First" we'll have to wait and see.

How about the "third" ? Anybody got an old bike on the left coast? Anybody?

p

6. irwnn

irwnn Well-Known Member

So the shoulder is not cooperating... and no vintage to motivate me to suck it up ;) means no racing for me this weekend.

Vintage in Miller?