1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valvoline Suzuki Ad Question

Discussion in 'General' started by TSWebster, Jun 16, 2002.

1. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

In this month's RRW (July), in the centerfold ad, there is a piece attached to the bottom of the bike's swingarm whose purpose would seem to be to keep wandering digits out of the sprocket in the event of a crash. Does anybody market this piece or something similar?
    Steve

2. SpEd

SpEd poor impulse control

Goto Graves Motorsports and buy a Shark Guard. If I remember correctly they are about $50.00, maybe less. It's been awhile since I bought mine.

3. jarcoco

jarcoco shimmy shimmy coco puff

lockhart phillips has them for bout $30. i just put one on.

4. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I've got one you can have. It's an older one that's triangular. Purple anodized. Got it free years ago and don't need it anymore.

5. ZebProctor

ZebProctor Well-Known Member

who was it that had that happen at talladega about 3 years ago?

6. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

Someone got a free purple anodized triangle digit protector at Talladega three years ago?

Darell Beatie (sp?) the GP racer lost a few toes.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A long time ago Doug Polen lost all (most?) toes off of one foot. The affliction was thus named "Polen Toes".:eek:

8. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I believe that is what took Randy Renfro's fingers off. He had his big toe put in place of his thumb he lost. :eek:

They took the toe off of his foot first for those that are confused. :D

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Randy got his hand trapped under his Commonwealth Honda RC30. The glove pulled off his hand while it was trapped under the bike. :eek:

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Ouch! Thanks for the clarification. :eek: