Value on 2004 Aprilia rsv factory

Discussion in 'General' started by WANABE RACER, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why unload it? Buy it cheap, ride it on the street and then race it. When it's used up, sell it or toss it in a dumpster.

2. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

I don’t keep anything long at all

3. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Funny thing is they are faster than the 998, had the most aero body as of that time and are lighter and wayyyyy more reliable. I've seen them with 100k.
    But, its only worth 4-5k if perfect. imo Best deal going right now, becasue the 996/998 will set you back about 2x as much and still cost you to maintain.

Scott S. and WANABE RACER like this.
  4. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Parts are NOT hard to come by btw. These things are one of the best kept secrets for now. Great bikes.

Scott S., burnham and Jedb like this.
  5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Yea I don’t know why people keep saying parts are hard to get.

lol especially some of y’all talking about an RC51.

I would wager a case of beer that says I can get more stuff oem through Aprilia for this than y’all can get oem for the RC51 still.

Any takers?

Scott S. and backbone like this.
  6. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I don't get it. I picked up an '05 Tuono about 5 years ago for $5k, and was just offered that a couple of months ago. It's not even a Factory, and has the Sachs suspension and low end Brembo brakes. Same basic bike as the RSV pretty much. I'll keep that bike forever though, as it's one of the most fun rides I've ever had, and it sounds amazing. The Gen2 RSV doesn't come up for sale very much from what I see, and they're usually $6-8k if they're really nice. This reminds me of the RC8, where people say it's not worth anything. I wish that were the case, as even a well worn example can top $10k.

backbone likes this.
  7. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

You should have taken that $5k and ran with it. Then gone on Apriliaforum and grabbed one of the several first gen Tuonos for sale in the $3500 range.

Phl218 likes this.
  8. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I'm not saying there aren't lower priced options out there, but a $3500 Tuono is typically thrashed. Mine was only 6k miles, and mint...or it was. I may admit to having thrashed mine a bit, but it's complicit in my behavior. I've probably owned upwards of 80 bikes, and there's something about this one that makes me love it. It's certainly not the brakes and suspension, as they're the equivalent of wood. The character of that Rotax engine is intoxicating, and it's only around 115hp at the crank, so it's definitely not about power. It's like having a girlfriend that's a bit crazy, but you put up with it because she's really good at 'certain' things.

9. joec

joec brace yourself

A guy passed me on a beautiful rc8 on Wednesday. I haven't seen one in years. They were the hot ticket for a bit too I remember. It sounded great as it roared off into the distance.

10. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Not arguing any of that except pricing. There is currently a mint 03 Tuono with a ton of mods on AF1 for $3500. High milage
    at 65,000, but as you know the Rotax twins are easily good for 100k.

I almost bought an 04 recently off the forum. 17k miles, garage kept minty, bunch of upgrades. $3200

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

I am never going to sell that 07 Tuono that I got for 2.5 k a year ago.
    Dude had halfway built a cafe racer out of it just to realize he is more of an I-4 rider ...
    Luckily it came with all stock parts and a set of akras as well!!!

12. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

So you’re saying you won’t take tree fiddy?

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

For one of the akras, yes

14. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Local dealer has an 08 Tuono 1000R listed for $6k. Sounds like that's on the high side. Always had a soft spot for the twins.

15. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

20200906_201210~3.jpg

picture with ancient Metzlers

Phl218 likes this.
  16. Scott S.

Im an old guy of 62, bought mine a couple months ago from an old guy. It lived in a house mostly since new, bought it from a Naval officer. He was a shop customer and just wanted to unload it. I had an 08 Touno and a Falco prevoiusly. I work on the brand and Ducati for a living. Ducks are fun but the Rotax twin has always ticked all my boxes and ducks are more maint. needy than I care to deal with and well.. can be glitchy. Mint with Arrows, I paid 2500.00 for it.
    The non factory model, base suspension Sachs rear, Showa front is okay once set up. Have to stand it on its nose a bit to get it to turn in and transition quicker. Just added a set of Q4's. The bike is much better than I am. Robby is right about parts availabiliy. I work for him. There is much more power to had if you want it and it will still be stone cold reliable.
    Indicated top speed wiggles around 176 mph. Urban riding is bit chuggy anywhere below 3500 rpm and at speeds over 80 mph it settles in nicely.
    I think the RSV/ Tuono vtwin is one of the underrated values available.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  17. Scott S.

picture with ancient Metszler's

Attached Files:

18. Scott S.

hey admin delete this pic and this post my browser has gone nuts and I missed the window