Valencia, Spain | MotoGP 2015 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

But ya know I LOVED seeing that zook give Rossi a fit. Hehe :D

Great race!

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Anyone notice Moto3? It wasn't half bad either, as far as stressful season finales are concerned.

3. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Ono nearly gave the announcers a heart attack.

4. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Yes there was doubt. He started almost dead last (thx to Crutch he wasnt). Anything could have happened from there. Epic is passing 21 riders in 11 (?) laps. MM had a race like that in Moto2 a few years ago too... amazing.

You've made your position clear about 100000 times, so I'm not going to bother arguing with you. Others I'm sure will... Besides, some of the stuff you type makes absolutely no sense to me anyway. :crackup:

5. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Did Rossi actually say some shit about Marquez guarding Lorenzo? STFU Valentino. It was his big mouth that goaded Maniac Marc into fighting him so hard at Sepang, and that eventually got him the penalty that lost him the championship. Marc is a young knucklehead full of piss and vinegar, talking a bunch of stupidity about him was guaranteed to have that result. Valentino has no one to blame but himself. I thought Lorenzo had lost it with that Silverstone highside, but Rossi managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. The better man won, period. Jorge is a beast. He could learn something about shutting his mouth too though.

IMO, with the way he rode today Valentino would have won the championship starting from 12th. Doubt he'd have beat Jorge in the race but he probably could have finished 2nd and won the championship by the skin of his teeth.

It ended exactly like I thought it would. Jorge race victory = Lorenzo championship, Honda 1-2 = Valentino championship.

Both Valentino and Jorge did a great job all season. This is one of the best seasons I've seen, hopefully next year will be as close. I think Dani has a great shot of taking it all next year. Go Bot go!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  6. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

One of those is already on a container ship to Africa.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So what's the story with tomorrow. Isn't the day after the race always been the start to the 2016 season with the post-season test at Valencia? I don't see anything on the calendar for it.

Did they remove it from the schedule this year?

8. caferace

caferace No.

9. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Rossi has had epic races from the back. I remember one from PI a while back. That was epic.

I find it interesting that VR fans could doubt Rossi's potential to secure fourth place. I agree that anything, many things could have happened to prevent this, a collision or crash, etc.

But the chances clearly favor Rossi finishing fourth. I have little doubt that he would be fourth. Though, I would not have been surprised at third or fifth as anything could have been possible as well to the top three and then there was 29 trying to secure his own 4th.

Funny. To make sense of what I say, you first have to let go of your preconceived bias. :Poke:

10. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

wat. you actually predicted that bold claim?

11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Ono did give the Leopard crew a heart atttack.

That was a weird Moto3 season. Not quite up to past versions, but fun nonetheless.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

[​IMG]

Robby-Bobby.... take a deep breath my man...I was agreeing with you :)

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

I also some in the Rossi garage in a #10 something or the other tshirts....guess they had a lot of stock of that to sell....at least some kids in Africa will appreciate the history lesson.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

It will take a while for people to get used to the new, logical Sacko...:D

15. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Unbelievable. Rossi's delusion is epic.

So, MM sandbagged during qualifying and during the race? He almost certainly lost out on thousands of € in contract bonuses just to poke Rossi in the eye?

SMH.

Of course if anyone has actual evidence. . .

16. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Evidence? Did watch the race? Do you know anything about racing. It was very clear on TV that...:D

17. Shyster d'Oil

What was the deal with Ono and Kent? That was bizarre.

18. Shyster d'Oil

:D:D

19. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

The metronome wins the title. They showed his 'by lap' pace. As Powerful Pierre shows above, there were 10 laps within 1/10th and the maximum difference, per lap was within 0.5 of each other. 1:31.3 to 1:31.8 across the whole race. That's pretty impressive. Definitely Yamaha needs to give him a Gold Metronome.

Lorenzo did what he needed to do; win the race outright and control his own fate.

Rossi did what he needed to do; move up as many places as he could in an effort to minimize the point spread between him and Lorenzo. Watching Rossi come through the field was pretty amazing and definitely impressive to watch.

In the end, Rossi's loss of the championship was down to a very bad decision to win the fight with the wrong boxer. Sadly, if the quotes from above are accurate, sound a lot like sour grapes.

Meanwhile, in Moto-3, Danny Kent pulled victory in the championship, in spite of trying to make it difficult for himself (Starting in 18th, hovering in 14th, etc.) It was nice to see Kent, Oliviero, and Bastianini (?) all shake hands on the track, immediately after the race. Very dignified behaviour by all three.

Hopefully we see this close racing next year as they all shift to the Michelin tires. And hopefully without the courtroom drama, handbag fights, and name calling.

I am disappointed for Iannone, in that I would have liked for him to have earned his 4th place in the overall GP, as I think he had the pace and was capable of mixing it up with Pedrosa.

20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Perhaps "the other guys" paid MORE...