V7 Rules....Suggestions

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by ducnut748, Sep 5, 2004.

1. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

We offer volume deals and let people devide it up between riders. And have contengency.

2. MES Racing

MES Racing Well-Known Member

Here we go Jim and Duc. Duc, you'll just have to move down here to race and stay off of "scum it". By the way ... what happened to this being a "V7 Suggestions" thread ... :Poke:

3. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

Re: Take a page from WSB

holy crap.......that is one hell of an idea....:clap: ...count me in

4. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

it went out the window with you an mes talking about rain ....around page 2...:Poke:

5. stickboy274

Re: Re: Take a page from WSB

BTW, I have other teams that did just that at the beginning of the year and saved lots of money.

It has always been an option for you.

Of course if you chose us, you would have to talk to me at the track. That may not be worth a discount.

6. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

so....

stick put togeter your best tire deal an post it up.....i am serious...i think a spec tire for v7 would be an awsome deal........what are we talikng about...100 bucks a set

:D

7. stickboy274

Good lord, I pay more than that for my tires.

Slicks, dot's, what are we talkin'?

8. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

slicks...there stickboy....125 a set....:D

9. stickboy274

I can arrange to get you fronts for that. Does that help any?

10. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

as long as the back cost the same......:D

11. stickboy274

What if it cost the same as the size it was? you use a 180 rear right?

12. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

tires

yep, if you were coming to summit i would try a set...for the right price. what the runout on the 120/70 front an 180 rear, i am interest to see how much i would have to change my set ups from the pirellies

13. stickboy274

It would make the bike taller. The front a rear are bigger but they seem to be equally bigger. They do like to have more wieght on the front tire. The more you ride the front the happier they are.

Blow off summit and come to barber:D

14. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

No can do....scumit is my faviorte track...i started racing there when i was 15 on a tt500 yammie with carlise flat track tires...it hasnt changed an i an got no faster....i know its a long shot but would you have anyone going to scumit from down your way
    an how soft is your soft compared to pirellies soft?

thanks
    aaron

btw.....the ducs are all about nose wieght

15. stickboy274

you started at Summit? did your family hate you?

There should be a guy there, but he doesn't work for me, so I don't know what he'll have or his pricing.

We get our slicks as soft as you can stand. I use a soft front and a soft, or med rear. Depends on the heat and what I have left in the trailer when it comes time for me to get tires. The customers get the pic of the littler and I get what's left.

16. MES Racing

Duc, I switched from that P-Tire to Bridgestones this year. I was really concerned about whether or not I would lke them. I actually started with a new set of last years tires. They worked great though, then I bought the new Bridgestones and man they are awesome. I love'm. I hope I never have to ride on P's again. I am using the DOT's, but the majority of MotoGP use Bridgestone Slicks.

17. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

MotoGP slicks

:rolleyes:
    uhhh, sorry
    Bridgestone is an "also ran" in MotoGP, Michelin is the Big Dog.
    I think 'P' & Big 'D' are in it, too. Nakano, the Kawy rider blew a B-stone rear& lived to tell the tale. Tamada is the only Honda rider on 'stones (Japanese rider on a J bike w/ J tires, just stating facts)

If we went to a spec tire @ the "racer support" price that would be great! Slicks, of course, as allowed by CURRENT V6 &V7
    rules.

I ran B'stone DOT front & street rear (18") all year- very happy with them- good tires.:beer:

18. MES Racing

Re: MotoGP slicks

[QUOTE
    uhhh, sorry
    Bridgestone is an "also ran" in MotoGP[/QUOTE]

Oops, sorry ... I made another mistake and was once again corrected by the all knowing OZ ... I mean SKWID!:clap:

19. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

Ya Got me

:D
    Nice one!
    You know I get carried away
    :p
    :beer: