V7 Rules....Suggestions

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by ducnut748, Sep 5, 2004.

1. vfrracer

vfrracer AND LIKE IT

Hey can we get back to why there is no contingency for vintage? Why is that. We use those products. I geuss we don't count.
    Help me with this issue someone please.

Jim Eglinger

2. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

There is a whole debate on this subject in a previous thread, you might want to read it, sorry I don't remember the thread title but it was about marketing of WERA vintage, participation, contingency etc...

There are certainly generic products that we use same as modern, but this is limited to gear, lubricants, fuel and in some cases tires.. Beyond that it is not likely that we will see anything other than philanthropic support :up:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2004
  3. ValuCycle

ValuCycle Well-Known Member

Jim,
    "Indexing" means allowing a bike into a class in which it does not meet the general class requirements. To get a specific model indexed into a class, you must make a request in writing to the Vintage Rules Committee for their consideration at their annual meeting around the time of the GNF. If they feel your request is reasonable, they may decide to allow that bike to legally run in that class. For example, V7MW rules allow pre-1996 600cc four stroke multi-cylinder bikes. If someone wanted their 1997 Honda F3 "indexed" into V7MW, they would petition the Vintage Rules Committee as described above. If their request was approved, the rule book would reflect the rule change the following year.
    Hope this helps,
    Tim

4. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I think the VRC is pretty much dead for 2005, at least in the sense that they have the final word. Rich & I spoke to Sean at the Nelson National and while I can in no way speak for Sean, my take is he will have the final word on such matters. I'm certain he will will be open to requests and such as Wera has always been, perhaps he will weigh in but I know they are quite busy with a Wera National, a Wera West and GNF prep going on.

I would think that Vintage going "In house" can be a very good thing from a contingency standpoint.

5. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

turd ?????

jim might be a turd but his bike is not. I think it is great that jim races a bike like the vfr. it is far from slow....trust me. At some point we are going to have to make some formal request from wera about v7hw. i could care less about someone wanting to run a 91 gixer in v6.....it makes no sense. you should have bought an 89 an bumped up...as far as running the vfr in mw.....no go.. its a 700 that makes as much or more hp then the 600s. the point is to let certian 95-98 model bikes into V7HW ONLY.......this would give the people that have those bikes a chance to race with us untill there is enough to creat V8.

BTW...I have recrutied another newbie...he will be taking the riders school at summit...he has already bought a 95 zx6r.......

aaron

6. MES Racing

MES Racing Well-Known Member

Re: turd ?????

Thanks for caring ... one of the problems with not filling up the grids ... is knowledge. Folks trying to get into the sport don't have any knowledge about the classes ... then if they ask a question, they get a response like this ... and they chose to race else where. If I could have gotten some questions answered, then I would have bought an 89 and it would have been an 1100 instead of a 750. As far as difference between an 89 and 91 ... oops my bad ... you could care less.

7. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

Re: Re: turd ?????

The title of this thread is V7 rules suggestions, not v6 rules,not traction controll, not racing in the rain...ect. trust me i understand your plight. i race a duc 916 that has less power than jims VFR. The Vintage homepage has some really good info...its called a rulebook. when i started vintage i was thinking 900rr or FZR1000. But we decieded to go with the ducs cause we had some much stuff already.
    My point is to let certin newer bikes in V7HW only no matter what cc they are. And to seperate V7HW an V7MW

Thanks
    Aaron

8. werase643

werase643 Well-Known Member

jim,
    i wasn't bashing your bike.
    I was making general rants

ya see there are a bunch of guy who take alot of time and fight with each other over food/beer/phone/e-mail and come up with a set of rules for the general population to follow. your bike fits in a class..correct...then why complain.
    IF you want to be competative buy a competative bike for the class you want to run.
    same thing applies to modern bikes
    if Brand X is wining why buy brand Q and fight it.

there are people who wait for the rule book to come out and then they buy their bike...so they can have the baddest bike on the track. Others ride what they have...(like ME) and are ok with others winning... it's just kewl being out there. and fun riding a turd faster than imaginable for a turd

where is the EX500 class ....is that the VINTAGE 27(EX500)class and it runs on Tuesday????

9. ValuCycle

ValuCycle Well-Known Member

Just my humble opinion, but if you are going to allow post '95 F3s in Vintage, you might as well put them in V7MW. I'm not sure I could explain to a newbie interested in getting into the sport why a 95 F3 is a middleweight, and a 96 F3 is a heavyweight. If you change V7MW to allow pre'99 600s, would that allow any "class killers" in? And if it does, we can just index those bikes out! No post 96 GSXR600s allowed, no post 97 ZX-6Rs allowed, but they can run heavyweight. Pretty soon the rulebook will be so thick that WERA can't afford the postage to mail it out.

OK, rant completed
    I feel better now:)

10. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Hey, just because you own my cheater (bent just so it faster around lefts) doesn't mean you can call it a turd!

Stupid bike owners. What can you do with them.

11. MES Racing

Re: Re: Re: turd ?????

Be careful Stick ... this is not a thread on turd bikes ...The title of this thread is V7 rules

Just messing with ya duc!

12. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

Re: Re: Re: Re: turd ?????

life wouldnt be any fun......with out a little ribbin every now an again

we should have a giant combined v7 shoot out at summit on sat ...an who ever wins get to make the rules...

:D

13. stickboy274

Can't we do it at a track that has grip?

And if you think about it, it is kind of a thread about turds. ASk any of the AMA guys what they think about racing any V7 legal bike.

14. MES Racing

I think duc meant "scum it". Duc if you're looking for competition, then you should race SE (against Dale, Chip, Doug, Eboz, & Stick) innstead of MA ... notice I left myself off the list ... I'm no competition ... yet!

15. stickboy274

I'm workin on you still. You'll be just fine.

16. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

New rules?

If the VRC is "dead" is this an exercise in futility?

In case you hadn't noticed the V6 grids ain't exactly packed out either, that's how we got to indexing down from V7- same idea just the other direction.

Skip all the indexing & go ahead & start V8, HW & MW, pre-99, but make it superstock rules. Or make it the FormX class, unlimited
    displacement, SB rules, no weight mins, all the carbon fiber you can afford, any aftermarket frame...
    Can't you just see it: 250GP's vs GSX-R750's vs YZF 750's vs ZX-6's vs all the V6 & V7 bump-ups!
    The big HP vs handling fight.

Have any of you guys tried asking any of the modern racers about coming to V7? I was talking to the guys pitted next to me @ CMP & got this kind of blank stare for an answer. Either they had never thought of it or they didn't want to go backwards in technology. I was trying to stress that you don't have to buy a new bike every 2 years, there is plenty of aftermarket support & spares are still available.

17. werase643

werase643 Well-Known Member

i'm still waiting for the V13(03 GSXR only) class

a 99 R6/97 GSXR600 is not a front runner in modern and it is also NOT a vintage bike....sorry skippy you own a slow modern bike....get something older or newer.........:Poke:

I hate to admit it but the LIZARDking has a point(from posts from the last couple of years)
    and my bike don't fit the class even if it is slow....:(

18. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Not every bike is a competitive race bike. Just because someone chooses to buy a bike because they can get it for very cheap doesn't mean there should be a class created for that bike since it is not competitive anywhere else.

Racing isn't charity and not everyone deserves a trophy just for entering and if classes to be continue to be created for every bike that is what it is going to turn into.

19. TZRusty

TZRusty Well-Known Member

V7 shoot out

I like the V7 shootout idea for summit. I`m in !!!

20. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

stickboy

if you bolt on a set of pirellies you would find that summit has plenty of grip :Poke: . competition is one thing ...sucide is another.....i wouldnt like finishing 4th all the time

:D
    aaron