1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V7 Return or Maybe V6

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by MES Racing, Nov 20, 2012.

1. MES Racing

MES Racing Well-Known Member

May be coming back to race next year and considering racing with my old friends that I got started with. I won't be able to do many races, so if you run across a really good deal on a V6 or V7 bike, then please let me know. Not looking for a project, something turn key. Hope to see you out there.

2. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

V7mw.......let me know how much you are willing to spend and I am sure we can set you up on that Kawi you always wanted. How about a pasta mw bike, I can start looking for one of those pretty easy too.

There are several Kawis in the upstate ready to sell by spring.

3. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

working on 2....should have one done in a month around your budget!

4. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Everybody better run and hide!

5. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

No you arent coming back. You like that old Yamaha to much. LOL. Would be great to see Mess I mean Mes on the grid again. J/K There are several good bikes out there right now. I think 95% belong to Chuck.

6. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

No Dyle, you had it right!!

MESS

7. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Great news Mark, can't wait to see you out there. Let me know what you end up with.

8. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Just don't drink the Honda koolaide again......it's not pretty.

9. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

But it sure tasted GUD!

10. MES Racing

Looking forward to being a back-marker again and giving the leaders someone to pass. :D

11. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

I hope to be hanging in back there with ya buddy. See you at RRR in March.

12. MES Racing

Looked at a FZR 600 this afternoon. Had some neat stuff; YZF swingarm with a wider rim for a 17/180, but seemed under powered.

13. Outsider V6 V7

There's a reason you don't see too many of them on the grid. Crazy MES, you know you want a V6 Suzuki. lol

14. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

Get the 7/11 AL Joe has, he ran the RRR DH, & nothing else I think.
    Boz has his info.

15. MES Racing

I'd love to have V6 bike. Somebody needs to take you and Skwid down ... :D

16. Outsider V6 V7

El Skwid, Joseph got assigned to Anniston and luckily the deal fell through on his 7/11 so he still has it and will be racing again next year. MES, I'm building an 86 big bore 750 for the newly developed AHRMA class. Not that I plan to miss any WERA events just have never raced Daytona or Road America. I'll keep my eyes open and see what we can find.

Attached Files:

17. Outsider V6 V7

And MES, you would only have a chance of taking me down if it was raining and that still would only be a small chance. I am the rain king. lol

18. MES Racing

Yea, I've heard about your project ... cool. :up:

19. Outsider V6 V7

Skwid, why don't you sell MES a bucket of parts and one of the 1100 engines you have in pieces. Just because I'm gone doesn't mean the bikes not in the lab. LOL

Attached Files:

20. Outsider V6 V7

I also picked up an 89 1100 for a restoration project earlier this year. It is going to be a moneypit as the inner case was cracked. Dan has the new cases and will be swapping internals this winter. Has some nice flatslides and a good pipe. I am currently working a deal on a 92 750, just because I hated the dayglo purple, gray and yellow ones so I thought I'd buy one.