1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uh huh.....uh, what the hell??

Discussion in 'General' started by Paige, Aug 27, 2007.

1. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I remember reading through that period and hoping for the best while fearing the worst. Seems ya done good, ol' man!

2. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

He takes after his mother.

3. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Hey John, when my kid is 16 can she ride for ya? Kind of a pre-emptive strike at rebellion?

4. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

She'll have to race Elena for the ride!

5. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Elena will be MotoGP champ by then. :)

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Ding ding ding we have a winner. What more could anyone askfor? :beer:

7. Well, first off...I'm sorry if my comments offend YOU! However, I don't remember attacking you personally! I did say in the very post that you were questioning...that I did not think all teachers are bad! Maybe you need to go back to college and learn to proof read and comprehend what you read.
    With that said, you may be a great teacher. One who will make a difference in the kids that pass thru your classroom...I hope you do!:up: I commend you for being a public teacher and putting up with some of the rotten apples that are not raised properly at home and sent to school for teachers such as youself to put up with. Sometimes, it only takes just one teacher to make a difference for a student, or a handful of students. I hated school, and I will admit I hated most of my teachers all thru school. I was a damn good kid might I add, but most teachers would loose my attention by teaching the same stuff over and over. There is ONE teacher that sticks in my mind...and at first I hated him too. He even kicked me out of his class because we didn't see eye to eye in one instance. He came to me a week later, talked with me, we both apologized and I was welcomed back into his class. After that he was a teacher that I would go to if I was having problems elsewhere with my school work. I went back to see him after I got out of the military (he was retired military), we shook hands and he told me he was proud of me, and that he knew I would end up doing well. I hated Math, hated it with a passion...my Math teacher who I had in middle school, ended up moving up to the high school and I had her again. Well nothing had changed in the fact that I hated Math. She noticed I was struggling a bit with some equation rules and setup a time for me to come in for tutoring...I don't remember if it was before school, during lunch, or after school. If I remember right it was before school. Anyway, of the two teachers that stick in my head...it is these two!

It's not just teachers okay...even some of the service engineers that I work with are not worth the damn. They just want to do their hours and go home. They just want to black box everything and not troubleshoot what actually caused the problem so as to not take out what you just replaced. They don't want to finish the jobs they are suppose to do, or ones they started...they would rather pawn it off on someone else. Do you see the comparison here?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007