1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyler Linders wins 3 at WERA West Buttonwillow

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by Boman Forklift, May 3, 2011.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Written by Tyler Linders.

WERA at Buttonwillow Raceway

We arrived at the track late Thursday night and got setup Friday morning. All of Friday's practice went well and I set a new personal best time of 1:57.3.

On Saturday morning I had two practice sessions. We went out for the first session and it looked like I had all the riders covered by about a second. In the second session it got quite a bit more competitive with about four riders, including me, around the same pace. Later that day I had the 16 Lap Solo race, which has all kinds of bikes in it. I started from the back row and got an amazing start putting me in 1st position by turn 1. I then made a gap from the rest of the field and had about a 20 second gap within a few laps. I held that gap throughout the whole race until the last lap when the 2nd and 3rd place riders made mistakes and didn't finish the race, causing me to finish in 1st place with over a minute gap. Throughout that day, I worked with my sponsor Lenny Albin from Race Tech to tune the suspension. I won the 16 Lap Solo, but we couldn't get it right because I was using all of the stroke and almost all of the compression. That night I took off the front forks and gave them to Lenny, where he worked on them over night changing the oil level and the stack. The next morning he brought the forks back and my dad and I put them on.

On Sunday I had two races, the Formula 2 race and the 125ccGP race. Coming into these races I was leading one class and was tied for 1st in the other class. Early that morning we had two practice sessions, which went well, but many riders were up to pace. The first race was Formula 2, which has the same bikes from the 16 Lap Solo race. I started on the front row and was in 2nd by the first corner. Entering the third corner I made a pass for 1st and finished the race in that position. I dropped my personal best to a 1:56.4 and the front end felt better.

Soon after I had another race, which was the 125ccGP race. I started on pole and got the holeshot. I then put my head down to give myself a comfortable gap. During that time I put down some great lap times, my best being a 1:55.55 on the final lap. I ended up gapping the field pretty good and finished the race in 1st place. At the end of the weekend I was very happy with myself, considering I won all my races. I couldn't have done this without all my sponsors, especially Race Tech who setup my suspension over night, allowing me to pick up about 1.5 seconds on Sunday.

[​IMG]

Thank you so much to my Sponsors:
    Motul Lubricants
    Nexx Helmets
    Falco
    Shorai
    Mid Cities Honda
    Race Tech
    TrackDaz
    CT Racing
    California Superbike School
    Ear Defenders
    Lockhart Phillips
    Zero Gravity
    SaferMoto
    Outlaw Racing
    Next Moto Champion
    Impact Armor
    ProSpeed
    BARF
    CM Motorsports
    Power Stands Racing
    Bazzaz
    Galfer
    Fastrack Riders
    Chicken Hawk Racing
    Vortex
    Cycle Gear

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

A few more shots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Fantastic Tyler, great shot's too. Congrats to you young feller :)

4. Indetrucks

Indetrucks Well-Known Member

That's great news Tyler / Rob! Good stuff!
    Hope to see ya at Chuckwalla this month.