1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two Bikes, Spare Engines, Spare Parts And A Fake $30,000 "Cashier's Check"?

Discussion in 'General' started by John29, May 9, 2011.

1. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Reckin he could bunk with Ray?

2. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I would imagine some sort of parole violation mixed in there as well. This ain't his first rodeo.

4. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

Mail fraud, wire fraud, check fraud, theft...lots of Federal charges. The fact that things were handled over the phone, internet, and crossed state lines makes it even worse for him. This many people at once and a prior history for this thing, I'm willing to bet he wont be seeing daylight for a long time.

5. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

anyone have the adddress of the jail. If inmates can receive mail we should all sent him a package with some KY jelly in it or maybe a "hey your screwed" post card from his friends at the BBS

6. pdxr6

pdxr6 Well-Known Member

Any updates on the location of the bikes and engines?

7. bkeros

bkeros Well-Known Member

Glad to see this absolute POS was caught! I hope Mark gets the bikes back in one piece, and this guy rots in jail, screaming "moooon Rivvvvvverrrr!" for hours on end every day.

That being said, what sucks is that a stand-up friend of mine is seriously considering buying one of Mark's retired bikes, and now might automatically come under suspicion because of these events.

8. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I wouldn't think so. Going forward Mark will probably just require the funds to be transferred and cleared completely before the equipment changes hands.

9. David Swarts

David Swarts Well-Known Member

ABrinkley, would you please give me a call at 951-245-6411?

Thanks,

David Swarts
    Roadracing World

10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Glad they got the scum bag. This has certainly opened my eyes to not trust a certified check, never thought that they could be bogus. Guess I should have known better, today everything can be faked. It's too bad the way things have gone in the world, you have to assume everybody's a scum bag until proven otherwise I guess. Hope Mark gets his bikes back.

11. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Not to sound betarded, but is a certified cheque the same thing as a bank draft?

12. ABrinkley

ABrinkley Member

According to Mr. Swarts who has contacted VB police about this matter as well as myself. He is still in jail in Hanover County awaiting trial. He was served with the warrants for VB while in jail there but has not been extradicted at this time. I hope this helps all those who have been screwed over by this guy and I hope you all press charges where you can to keep this guy behind bars! Good luck to everyone.

13. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

No wonder I couldn't find anything last night, it was just filed today.

Attached Files:

14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yes

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

16. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I hope they hang his ass.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

First, I hope Mark and the rest get their bikes and stuff back. Then they can hang his ass.

18. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

Hanging is lame. They need to give him paper cuts all over his body, then throw him in a pool of vinegar and salt, then cover him in molasses and cover him in pissed off fire ants...then hang him.

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

20. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Looks like Felony 4's in Virginia carry 2-10yrs/$100k fine
    Not sure what the Felony 0 is.

If those warrants are for the truck and trailer and the same charges would be added in Marks' case...the thievin' bastard will be looking at 8-40yrs. at least.....I could see the judge maxing his ass out due to his past record alone.
    Hopefully the judge will be an avid motorcycle enthusiast.