1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump to send at least 800 troops to southern border ahead of migrant caravan

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Timothy Landon, Oct 25, 2018.

1. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Reading all the comments, clearly I was speaking only for myself. I was hoping to speak for my fellow man too, but certainly it seems I'm out on a lonely island here.

I'm not an open borders guy, by any means. But I'm not an open fire on people trying to make a better life for themselves guy either.

What I'd like to hear is some type of meaningful compromise situation, whereby we're not holding them at bay by gunpoint, but also not letting them in. Maybe that middle ground simply doesn't exist.

2. wood600rr

wood600rr Well-Known Member

The group was offered asylum in Mexico, they refused it...they are not seeking asylum they are invading pure and simple.

badmoon692008, BHP41, Phl218 and 6 others like this.
  3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It would if it weren't for stupid laws.

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I had a friend that worked for the Border Patrol in Nogales. Yes they would have to round all those folks up then transport the "injured or sick" to local hospitals. We are not talking 15 or 20 people... like 100s a day coming across and stepping foot on US soil. Just the processing of all these folks eats up man hours and US dollars. Overwhelmed would be an understatement.
    Then to positively identify each person... total nightmare. And the subsequent backlog through the system from the front lines to the bench of court rooms. Then dont forget... the immigrants with these assigned rights are now incarcerated for months/years in facilities...that someone (you & I) are paying for whether they are granted asylym or deported.
    Then lets say a family sneaks across, gets rounded up and then Mommy delivers a baby while on US soil. More complexity...might even have to send it to the NFL control center in NY to make a ruling! :D
    That doesnt even address the work load of an immigration lawyer.

Orvis, Phl218 and K51000 like this.
  5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Round them up and hold them AZ tent style until the get processed 100% as they are all flight risks. But then that is likely not legal given our intentionally screwed up laws and court rulings.

Orvis likes this.
  6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

No matter what happens, it will be used as a cudgel against our President. No win situation for sure

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Definitely no win but hopefully they'll ignore that aspect and do what is right.

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If those people were actually trying to make a better life for themselves by affecting change within their borders I'd feel differently. However what they want is for someone to give them a better life. There is a difference. Because they will come here and push for all the things that made their country a shit hole and then complain when we don't go that route.

9. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Ding ding ding...
    Winner.
    Perfectly stated.

10. In Your Corner

Whatever Trump decides to do, some Federal judge somewhere will rule that he can't do it.
    The question is, what will Trump do when that happens?

11. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I got 9th District

12. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

if he is The One, he needs to find The Oracle and then tell that 'judge' where to shove his 'opinion'

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. In Your Corner

I've thought for some time that Trump needs to just say no when one of these judges rules that he cannot exercise his legal powers.

K51000 likes this.
  14. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

I really dont know him but I realize more than most what we the people are up against. the BAR Guild, FedRes/IMF/Bankers, the CIA crime family.. its unimaginable He can pull off a win with this competition even if he is The One.

Im still not sold on what he is selling though.. we shall see

Phl218 likes this.
  15. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Is it considered “deployment” if they’re still on US soil? I thought the military referred to that as “mobilization,” rather than “deployment.”

16. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I think deployment is a correct term that can be used. It is just not to a combat zone (or at least not yet).

17. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

actually, i think so because state land is not US Districts. are you aware of the three different 'United States' as defined by the SCOTUS? (not to be con fused with the USSC)

if not and its too much trouble, I dont have it handy but can post it later but I figure you probably have some practice at it ;-)

also IIRC even the US military bases on state lands have 'entering sovereign territory' signs posted at the gate.

yeah, i know, it all sounds crazy..

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  18. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Hmmm, perhaps what someone should do is to take a few firearms into Mexico to give to some of the people in the caravan, then tell them that to gain access to the US they will need to threaten the use of those firearms. That way it can be considered an armed invasion and all hell can break loose legally. :D

19. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Are you referring to Article III of the constitution or something else?

20. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

I recently saw a FB post, that suggested the Border Wall go from Tx, NM, AZ, then North to Nevada and Oregon. Sorry Californians

auminer and brex like this.