1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump impeachment

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by gixxerreese, Sep 24, 2019.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

No, I want to know why now? You have an amazing ability to misunderstand questions.

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

HR is actually a smart guy whom I often agree with. That being said, there is no possible way he will accept the acquittal that is coming therefore I dont see the point in debating.

brex likes this.
  3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

With the SOTU coming up.........i cant wait for it with all this BS going on.

4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Well, his acquittal was a forgone conclusion, so much so, that I don't really understand why the Dems laid themselves open to exposure with no chance of a conviction. Things would be different if the guy was actually guilty of something. The whole thing seems like one big opportunity the yell OMB over and over again. Bad plan based on polling and TV ratings.

5. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Is this still going on? I honestly have paid virtually zero attention to it lately and have avoided the news as it is just annoying and outcome predetermined. I saw enough "evidence" during the House proceedings to know this was a farce.

I did read something from a GOP strategist that the whole impeachment thing wasn't about getting rid of Trump now, but was intended to setup vulnerable Senators who are up for election this fall. If they can take the Senate, then they can do whatever they want, up to and including impeaching the President again.

6. sdg

sdg *

If that is indeed the strategy (and that is giving them a lot of credit me thinks) I believe it is going to backfire on them. This appears a colossal joke.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I mean they (Dems) were literally yelling impeach the motherfucker before he was barely in the chair.

8. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I do have to wonder if this Bolton thing was planned all along and timed to cause the most chaos. There had to be some reason for the delay in delivering the articles.
    But I agree with you, that is probably giving them way too much credit.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Hard to impeach him again when the bloodletting of vulnerable dem reps is done...

10. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

It started :19 after he was POTUS.

11. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Except for the occasional ass hole. I actually like our conversations lol. I just hate when folks get out a pocket with a simple on line debate. I make no disillusions of where I'm at I, know i'm in conservative country here. But if you go back, I've always said i'd be happy with that Bama getting impeached. If he is to leave 1600 Penn Ave he should go via general election. I would rather Trump as Potus then Mike Pence.

I never expected the Senate to convict Trump. I know Manchin and Jones would never vote to impeach him.

sheepofblue likes this.
  12. Handicapped Racer

13. Handicapped Racer

14. Handicapped Racer

15. Spang308

Mittens wants witnesses. What a fucking piece of shit. Just change parties you asshole.

lrrs517 and sdg like this.
  16. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Air fence fund bet on Jones? He will do what is NY masters tell him to. He is about as moderate as Hillary despite any claims he makes. The only good thing about him is he will have his #$$ handed to him in the next election.

17. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Hope so, but there is the powerful stench of incumbency. Tough to get change when approval of Congress as a whole hovers in, what?, the teens or twenty's but "our guy" is always way up there, regardless of what low life, criminal scum they are. Some cognitive dissonance going on there.

18. Spang308

Except the 31 that flipped seats in Trump districts are 1st termers. Incumbents, but most campaigned as moderates and then voted to impeach Trump on a baseless case. Most of them are toast. Buh bye.

19. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Well, whatever happens with this, and whether OMB is re-elected, there MUST be a solid rebuke of the leftists in November. If there is not, and I believe that to be the case, this non stop "search for a crime" will not subside. If the left does not get gut kicked by the voters, then this b.s. will go into high gear. God help the country.

20. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

So there is another “bombshell” released from Bolton’s book just as the senators were debating calling witnesses. If any one still doesn’t believe all of this shit is orchestrated they have their head in so far

jksoft likes this.